1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Be-A-Better-Me Journal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Liege Blåhaj, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Today is a rest day. Got in 5 minutes on the exercise bike though. Fasting today. Will fast tomorrow, doing a 2 day fast this week.

2. Having strong temptation to break my fast and eat today too. I think I'll be able to weather this but it'll be tough.

3. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Please keep going only if it's safe!

4. Thanks it's pretty safe but yeah I've been eating like crap lately maybe I should focus on cleaning up my diet first.

Sad to say I gave into the food cravings. Seems like fasting isn't going to happen this week.

5. I'm upping my daily cardio goal to 6 minutes a day.

6. Workout completed! Didn't really feel like doing it but again I pushed myself and I'm glad I did. Once I got started, it was fine.

Tomorrow's workout. Get to learn a new move, something called the deadbug.

Going to try to eat OMAD today.

Ūruz and ZenYogi like this.
  7. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

@Lady Blåhaj What's OMAD

only milk and doughnuts. meat and dairy. old men and diapers. Yummm. lol I'm joking

Erm. I uh om om om

I did 8 pullups and chin ups, 17 dips and 25 push ups, and 35 seconds hollow body hold.

My goals 12 pull ups/chin, 60 sec hb hold, 25 dips and 40 push ups,

I think I could get there in like???

A month. So end of November. But, I'll have to refuse to train martial arts with follow along classes or with other people just to be safe. Sometimes that stuff makes me so anxious I can't sleep well. sleep deprived Zen doesn't train as hard hahah.

What're your goals and tracking?

LBP said goals and tracking are necessary to make progress and without them most people dont' make much if any

8. OMAD means "One-Meal-A-Day".

Why do you need to quit martial arts in order to meet those goals? I'm confused.

My goals are to make it to 170 pounds- my target weight. Also just to keep up with my exercise routine. As for tracking, tracking the weight loss in a spreadsheet and my fitness goals here.

ZenYogi likes this.
  9. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

I’m not quitting MA. I’m just not doing the guided classes right now because it was causing me anxiety and insomnia which led to being too tired to workout = not making progress heh

yoga day today and work on handstand / front lever

kinda sad I’m not working on planche instead of handstand tbh. I feel planche is more useful for everyday activities. But I’ve been working handstand for so long and I’m getting closer to actually doing it so I’ll keep at it then maintain and add planche

Lady Blåhaj likes this.
  10. Thinking about adding a new tool to my weight loss journey: ice vest. It accelerates fat loss. Luckily I already have one I just haven't used one in a while.

ZenYogi likes this.
  11. Forgot to update yesterday, I did complete my workout. Today's workout.

Gotta figure out what I'm going to do when I switch from the beginner's program which is a workout every day to the primer program which is a workout just 3 days a week. I think I'll try for doing tai chi on the days I'm not working out.

12. Why is it one or the other? Can't you work on both?

ZenYogi likes this.
  13. Reposting this article which I also posted in my journal. Thought it would be helpful to provide some educational material on genderfluid people here, since we are less known than binary transgendered people, and even those people are frequently misunderstood. The article is geared towards talking about genderfluid youth, but most of what the author says here is valid for adults too.

What is gender fluidity?
    Let’s define a few terms. Cisgender means a person’s gender identity matches the sex — female or male — designated on their original birth certificate. Gender fluidity refers to change over time in a person’s gender expression or gender identity, or both. That change might be in expression, but not identity, or in identity, but not expression. Or both expression and identity might change together.

For some youth, gender fluidity may be a way to explore gender before landing on a more stable gender expression or identity. For others, gender fluidity may continue indefinitely as part of their life experience with gender.

Some people describe themselves as “gender-fluid.” As an identity, it typically fits under the transgender and nonbinary umbrella, which applies to people whose gender identity doesn’t match the sex assigned to them on their original birth certificate. (Nonbinary means a person’s gender identity doesn’t fit into strict cultural categories of female or male.)

Not everyone who experiences changes in their gender expression or identity identifies as gender-fluid. Nor does everyone desire gender-affirming medical treatment to change their body to better align with their gender identity.

How does gender develop and change?
    People typically begin developing a gender identity in early childhood, around the age of 2 or 3. Gender identity develops within multiple social contexts: a person’s family, their larger community, and the society and historical time in which they live. Each of these may have very different norms and expectations about gender expression and gender identity.

For example, a child might live in a family that believes that gender is more complex than boy or girl, and encourages a diversity of gender expressions. That same child may live in a town where most people believe that boys should “look like boys” and girls should “look like girls.” And this child might live in a society and at a historical time with similar gender norms as their community. Thus, this child may feel freer to have a different gender expression or identity at home than out in public.

For many people, gender identity and expression develop early and stay the same over time. For others, either one may change. While such changes can happen at any time during a person’s life, they’re more common during childhood and adolescence than later in adulthood.

What’s the difference between gender-fluid and transgender?
    While some people develop a gender identity early in childhood, others may identify with one gender at one time and then another gender later on. For example, a person who was designated female on their original birth certificate may identify as a girl until adolescence, then identify as a boy for the rest of their life. This person would be considered transgender, but not necessarily gender-fluid.

Another person who follows this developmental arc may only identify as a boy until they are in their 20s, and then identify as nonbinary, and then identify as a boy again later in adulthood. This person could be considered gender-fluid, because they experienced one or more changes in their gender identity or gender expression. It’s wise to note, though, that they may never use the term gender-fluid as an identity label for themself.

Ultimately, anyone who identifies as gender-fluid is a gender-fluid person. Often, the term is used to mean that a person’s gender expression or gender identity — essentially, their internal sense of self — changes frequently. But gender fluidity can look different for different people.

How is gender fluidity related to health in children and teens?
    Just like adults, children and teens who express or identify their gender differently from their sex designated at birth are more likely to experience prejudice and discrimination. These experiences may create minority stress that is harmful for their mental and physical health. Compared to cisgender youth, transgender youth are two to three times more likely to have depression, anxiety, self-harming behavior, and suicidal thoughts and behavior.

All communities have expectations around what’s “normal.” A youth who is gender-fluid may be at greater risk for prejudice and discrimination, because their shifting gender identity or expression goes against an expectation that each of these aspects of personhood develops early and stays the same over time. And the harmful interactions may not occur only with people who are cisgender. A youth who is gender-fluid may also face discrimination from some people in the transgender community who view them as “not really transgender.” Seeing a youth who dresses more femininely on one day and more masculinely on another day may feel confusing or even threatening to anyone with strict ideas about gender.

How can you support gender-fluid youth in your life?
    I encourage you to think about gender fluidity as part of the diversity of human experience related to gender identity and expression. While acceptance is important in how we treat anyone, it’s especially important for children and teens.

• Listen to youth and validate their experience of their gender. Everyone is the expert of their own gender.
    • Be patient, as a youth’s gender fluidity may be part of their gender identity development.
    • Support gender-fluid youth in making informed decisions about gender-affirming care, such as hormone therapy and gender-affirming surgeries.
    • Connect them to support and resources so they can talk to others with similar experiences. Gender Spectrum is a great resource for both gender-fluid youth and the adults in their lives.
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog...t-means-and-why-support-matters-2020120321544

14. Starting a 4 day fast today!

Ūruz likes this.
  15. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

It's a matter of time and energy. I don't want to spread myself too thin by doing too many exercises at one time. Especially as the upper lower split I do is already pretty taxing lately. I could maybe try adding elbow lever and planche if my energy increase from more sleep/SR

Lady Blåhaj likes this.
  16. Ah that makes sense. I can understand that. Like I have so much stuff I'm interested in doing but not enough time (or energy) in the day to do it. So you have to pick and choose, and when you do you get that nagging feeling that you're missing out on the thing you didn't choose... Anyways sounds like you are far advanced with the handstand so hopefully you'll get to planche soon.

ZenYogi likes this.
  17. Didn't work out today.

ZenYogi likes this.
  18. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Thanks L. I can hold the handstand a good 45 seconds on the wall. I can feel I’m getting stronger and closer to holding my feet off it. From there it’s just a matter of kicking into it and holding

I relate big time with you on picking and choosing. I love most things so it’s quite the process to choose for me too.

I’d like to join a martial arts gym but that doesn’t seem entirely possible at this time. Plus it’s kind of like…….unlikely lol. I don’t like recovering from getting hit. The bruising prevent muscle mass gains which is frustrating for me

my aim is to just train by myself and maybe I can learn from books. I tried learning from YouTube but kept getting roped into buying the paid content on there so no more o that

been prioritizing sleep thanks for looking out for me on that

What’re your priorities? The things you chose.

Lady Blåhaj likes this.