Blocked from posting because of "spam or inappropriate content"?

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Castielle, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Several times today, I've been unable to post things because I get an alert that says what I'm trying to post is "likely spam or contains inappropriate content." This has happened several times when I was posting stuff that wasnt spam-like or inappropriate at all.

One of the posts I tried to make did contain stuff about God, and that message did post but it said "awaiting moderator approval." I realized it probably was too heavy on the Spiritual stuff to be approved (even though the poster was clearly a Christian seeking Chrisitan advice), so I decided to send the guy a private message instead. But I couldn't send it, because I got that same "spam or inappropriate content" alert. So... what, am I not allowed to talk about God with a fellow Christian person, even in private messages? I don't understand.

It's also extremely frustrating to have an alert like that come up unexpectedly after writing out a super long message, because it deletes your entire message before you can think to copy it and save it elsewhere. So that really sucks.

2. StraightEdge3616

StraightEdge3616 Fapstronaut

Just wanted to add to this...same thing happened to me last night when I tried private messaging a member saying that I "did not want to talk on the p h o n e" referring to a form of communication as AP's. It had the same message saying it wouldn't post because of spam or inappropriate content. I got rid of that line and then it worked.

EDIT: Even now on this post, it says "awaiting moderator approval" so now I'm going to put spaces in between the word p h o n e and it will probably work.

3. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

After you told me that, I tried putting spaces in between all of my "Christiany" words in the message I was trying to send, but it still didn't work. Super annoying. I'm trying to reach out and help someone, but I can't, and that's really irritating.

4. StraightEdge3616

StraightEdge3616 Fapstronaut

Same thing happened to me...try deleting it first and then trying? Or put two spaces in between each letter maybe?

5. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

I don't think it's going to work. I've tried deleting it and coming back a little while later, and the spaces. It doesn't seem like anything is going to work.

6. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Just tried again. Still can't send it.

7. Jen@8675309

[email protected] Distinguished Fapstronaut

Can you send me what you're trying to post in a DM? I'll see if I can find out what content is triggering the spam filter.

8. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Beamer already reached out, and I emailed the message to the nofap email. I can't DM the message to you here because it won't let me send it at all to anyone. But I guess I could send it to you off site.

9. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Not trying to whine, I'm just informing: this problem has not been fixed.

I was able to send the message I was trying to send that one day, but now it's happening again with another completely innocent message that isn't inappropriate or spam-like at all.

10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut

I sympathise Castielle. I have not had it recently, but I have experienced this issue in the past. I suppose the problem is the filters are probably too narrow and so they are picking up innocent messages. :oops: It is incredibly frustrating though. :(

aspiringwriter1997 and Castielle like this.
  11. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Yeah, it is indeed :/

12. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Fapstronaut

Yeah, I just had this happen today for the first time, but it keeps happening. Could we get some sort of explanation somewhere of what the filters are set to detect so we can avoid them?

brilliantidiot likes this.
  13. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

happened to me too, but I figured out it was due to a certain word

14. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Suggestion: add long-standing members of good repute to a usergroup that this filter is not applied to.

It can be done automatically, last time I played around in Xenforo anyways.

15. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

I believe Alex told me he is already working on this, thankfully

Tannhauser and letter like this.
  16. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

Just created a "trusted" tag for users with:
    • Over 100 posts
    • Over 20 likes
    • 1 month of membership
    If you meet those criteria, no more spam filter.

giphy.gif

17. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Yay! Thanks Alex ^_^

Alexander likes this.
  18. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut

Many thanks @Alexander.