1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Blood circulation problem related to weightlifting

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by LEPAGE, Feb 18, 2018.

1. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Howdy.

I figure a lot of people on nofap workout, so I thought I'd share my experience and ask if anyone has any sage advice to give.

I've been weightlifting for many years now, but it's only been the last 6 months or so where I've developed circulation problems in my arms. Holding my arms in certain positions cuts the flow of blood. My veins are quite visible beneath the skin. Most of the time there is no problem, however I find it annoying when I'm trying to sleep, and I am awakened because one or both of my arms are numb.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any exercise recommendations which could alleviate the problem?

Thanks much.

2. Might be related to atherosclerosis? If so, going on a plant-based wholefoods diet for a month could solve your issue.

Edit: How old are you? Do you eat a lot of foods high in cholesterol and saturated fat? (meat, dairy, eggs, oils)

TreeGuy likes this.
  3. Have you had any history or family history of diabetes or other circulatory problems? Other symptoms?

4. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I'm 33. I'd say I eat a good deal of meat, but not so much dairy.

5. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

There is a history of diabetes on my Dad's side, but it is Type 2, and basically everyone who had/has it was/is heavily overweight/obese.

6. Paul85

Paul85 New Fapstronaut

I had the same problem. What fixed it for me was to stop using my arm as headrest and make sure my arms were bent as little as possible when falling asleep. Hope it helps.

LEPAGE likes this.
  7. Diabetes type 2 can be reversed within 10 days or less with a Whole-Foods Plant-Based diet, as proven in clinical trials. Check out the work of Drs. John McDougall, Joel Fuhrman, Michael Klaper, Michael Greger, or anyone on the Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine really.

I'm quite convinced that this would help with your cardiovascular issue too. My dad's cholesterol dropped 40 points and his hypertension vanished within 3 months of doing this ~90%. Also great for athletic performance.
    Watching the documentary Forks Over Knives might be a great starting point if this is something that interests you.

LEPAGE likes this.
  8. I have the same problem if I sleep on my back with my arms folded... my forearms go numb. Don’t worry about it just change you position.

LEPAGE likes this.