1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Body image

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Andrew Watson, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Andrew Watson

Andrew Watson New Fapstronaut

im wondering if during the reboot any of you guys have experienced changed body image/perception? For example, before the reboot you would see yourself in the mirror as your face being ugly and body being misproportioned. Ive struggled with this for a while, people tell me and act like im super goodlooking but when i look in the mirror i see the complete opposite like im looking at a different person than what people see.

2. Michaeldra

Michaeldra Fapstronaut

Hello! i have started to get slightly more confident, and self esteems increase. And can easier interact with people. But iam still suppressed in my total feelings, hopefuly it will pass within couple of months.

Andrew Watson likes this.
  3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

It depends on the person. I still see myself as an starving orc, but I could get better by working out.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

My self esteem has increased. I'm kind of fat, but I think I look good. :)

Andrew Watson likes this.
  5. Andrew Watson

Andrew Watson New Fapstronaut

Yea i have the same issue, i keep thinking if people see me in pictures how they see me in person

6. Michaeldra

Michaeldra Fapstronaut

I don't use profile pictures etc, dont even look into the mirror in the gym.. But iam working on it. Maybe consider exercises to boost your confidence?

7. Renan_Finn

Renan_Finn Fapstronaut

Nah, I'm too skinny, nowadays I don't care sooo much, is something I owe to NoFap, self confidence, if I want to do sports I need to forget it, accept how I am, and do something healthy, regardless of what somebody is thinking, I could be worst, nothing so unnatural.
    I intend to do gym in the near future, but I'll have to follow a nice diet, nice food and maybe supplement, it requires much time, discipline, money and free time, things I can't afford right now.

8. Michaeldra

Michaeldra Fapstronaut

Gym or heavy lifting not only for appearance but for strength and health prevention, yeah o agree that diet is very important. regular sleeping pattern as-well.

I do gym full body workout twice a week, each time takes not more than an hour. try to make sure i cover most anatomical parts of the mucles of the body and i lift heavy

Iam a student but live in an country where food is cheap, to get protein i eat, yougurt, cottage cheese, (one container 50-60g protein) eggs, fish, chicken, meats, chickpeas etc...

supplements also take some there are alot but some are easy and very good. i use 7-8 different a day.

9. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I thought it was only me. I can look better in my eyes but I take a picture and I look like crap. I do not know if my sense of reality is twisted because of this.