1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Body Recomposition

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by depeche69, Jul 3, 2021.

1. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

Hi guys,

i'm 174 cm, 72 kg, Body Fat 25%!
    My Goal: 68 kg, 12%-14% Body Fat
    Training 3 times/week

So my diet plan is:

1. - 400 Calories/day until i reach 68 kg, at least 140g protein and 50g fat
    2. After reaching 68kg -> maintanance calories, 180g protein/day

The problem is, that on step 2 i want to try body recomposition -> Losing Fat and building muscles in parallel.
    Has someone experience with body recomposition and can tell me how long it will take to get from say 20/21% BF to 12% BF at Body Recomposition mode?

fw_36 and Zastavka like this.
  2. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

As far as I know, body recomposition is the act of losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time. But one should stay in the same weight (balanced calorie intake or however you call that) when doing body recomposition. Fix me if I'm wrong?

3. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

Yes exactly. Losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time
    The problem is, when i'm reaching my goal weight of 68 kg. I will still have about 21% Body Fat. If i cut more until i achieve 12% body fat, i will be extrem slim. I want to prevent this.

4. fw_36

fw_36 New Fapstronaut

Im the exact same as you. Im 174, weigh 70kg and around 23/24% body fat. Whats your workout at the moment because I need one

5. zeke27

zeke27 Fapstronaut

Yooo bro I wish I had your weight, I'm 1.70 meters and the ideal weight for my height is around 70-75 kgs. I'm very skinny, working toward building muscle doing weights (dumbbells)

6. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

I'm doing every 2nd/3th day calisthenics and resistance band training:

6x sets push up
    6x sets shoulder
    6x sets hammercurls
    6x sets trizeps

7. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

It sounds great and not that complicated when you read about it but from experience I can say it can be a LOT harder in real life than it sounds. I'm going into my 3rd year lifting weights like a mutha and having totally revamped my diet and I'm still quite a ways from looking how I want, especially in the core / abs. And I was the typical skinny-fat dude who was only about 15 lbs overweight when I started. If you're an ectomorph like me you just need to go in with really reasonable expectations and a super high level of commitment and welcome any small gains you might eke out. The good news is, even if your body doesn't change that much visually you'll still be improving your hormone profile and the mental discipline it develops will help you in other aspects of your life too. Good luck!

8. fw_36

fw_36 New Fapstronaut

Thank you. I am now at 70ish and at 19% body fat

9. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

WoW! That's exactly my goal. You maintain your weight by parallel reducing body fat.
    Unfortunetly since our last post i was not consistent, so thats why no progress at my side.
    Today (31.07.): 174 cm, 74 kg, Body Fat 26%!