Book Read?? Dating/relationships with anyone really

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by NewLeaf043, Mar 28, 2018.

1. NewLeaf043

NewLeaf043 Fapstronaut

So I have an idea!! Instead of unrealistic expectations and being obsessed about sex, etc., I was thinking--- who would like to read through The 5 Love Languages with me? For some healthy relationship advice apart from "sex sex sex! " :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    kio_actualized likes this.
  2. CallmeanX

CallmeanX New Fapstronaut

First of all, uhmm what's an SO?

3. NewLeaf043

NewLeaf043 Fapstronaut

I have read the book, but it was a while ago, and I'd like to go through it again. The 5 Love Languages would work on anyone really. It looks at human behavior- you might really love quality time with your SO, while they think acts of service is more important. Or your kid might value gifts or words of appreciation more than you doing things for them. Even if you weren't dating, I think it's valuable information that could help future relationships.

4. NewLeaf043

NewLeaf043 Fapstronaut

Sorry- significant other

5. CallmeanX

CallmeanX New Fapstronaut

No worries I thought it was but had to make sure

6. kio_actualized

kio_actualized Fapstronaut

My time is really scarce, but I'm interested. How would you suggest we do this?

7. NewLeaf043

NewLeaf043 Fapstronaut

Well I'm on British Summer time zone.... I can do it between 10am & 3:30pm. What time zone are you?
    I was thinking we could do it as a Skype group? I could read it for those of us who don't have copies of the book.

8. heretic124

heretic124 New Fapstronaut

This might be interesting, discussing it with other people, strangers, while reading it. :D Heard about the book but never read it. I'm in.
    I'm on European summer time, that's +1 from Brittish. I could do it from this Sunday on.