1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Book: "Workouts of boxing's greatest champs"

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by UncleBarnacle, May 19, 2021.

1. UncleBarnacle

UncleBarnacle Fapstronaut

I've had this book for 10 years, and it's still great, especially if you feel your workouts getting a bit routine, a bit stale - as I have of late!

Read the workouts not only of champs like Ali, but also lesser knowns like Ricky Hatton, Chris Byrd, Iran Barkley and so on. What their exercises are but also what time they get up, what they eat and what they don't eat - muy importante!

For instance, I read on Monday this one guy's chest workout was 75 reps of 50 pounds on a bench press. "50 pounds??? That's nothing!" I thought.

But do it 75 times without stopping and you might not even get through it without a break, and the next day my pecs were sore as hell - a good sign! Or go for a 5-mile run wearing Army boots, like Ali.

The other thing is that one thing every single boxer has in common without exception is they all jump rope. I mean they ALL jump rope, at least 20 minutes.

Inspiration!

Attached Files:

Benkressig, Sinbad, Toni7 and 2 others like this.
  2. UncleBarnacle

UncleBarnacle Fapstronaut

That sounds like a great book, Boris. Thanks for the tip!

(Just wanted to respond so my post isn't out there like a kid at a party where
    nobody shows up!) :)

Toni7 likes this.
  3. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Do you train boxing?