1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Books on Masculinity

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by e8ight, Feb 13, 2018.

1. e8ight

e8ight Fapstronaut

In essence I agree with you, and think it's a good perspective to hold in mind; the reason I'm struggling with this is because I've had so much misguided conditioning heaped upon without any positive male role models to counter-balance...this is fairly deeply ingrained stuff though and so not always that easy to unlock. Concepts can be a great way of unlocking those parts of ourselves that are buried deep though, and so in that sense I think a quest for knowledge is OK as long as it doesn't become the entire journey or mistaken as an ends.

With regards meditation, it's a great tool but not so straightforward in my mind. It can easily be used as a means of escape, rather than for deeper connectedness or engagement - I've been practicing for a few years now, but have really reduced how much I sit as it was becoming a way of simply calming myself in the face of issues, when actually what I need is to face and deal with them. I have a pretty good teacher who is helping me with this.

2. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut