1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bored as a mowfucka. Motivation kaput

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Upwards2020, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Upwards2020

Upwards2020 Fapstronaut

On day 3 after longest streak recently of 5 days....

Been taking on me goals and staying productive. But recently generally pretty bored with everything....

Feel stuck in limbo .

Between sticking with NoFap .starting to fast and lose some weight .... and waiting for project items to be delivered ... im stuck in limbo ... although I'm still making progress it's times like this I end up look g for that dopamine hit to bridge the boredom ...

At the minute I'm looking to start fasting ... but will be another source of dopamine detox.

Ever feel sort of apathetic bored and lacking enough feel good to orientate yourself or motivate yourself even though your slowly making some progress....

It's times like these... fuuuuck

2. Social activities you can research this weekend:

1) Board games
    2) Volleyball
    3) Cooking class
    4) Yoga class
    5) Find a church
    6) Volunteer at a homeless shelter
    7) Knock on doors for a political campaign
    8) Join a book club

What's the point of self-improvement if you don't have people to share it with?

blacklabel92 likes this.
  3. Upwards2020

Upwards2020 Fapstronaut

Because it stimulates your brain to release endorphins and stave off Alzheimer's. Keeps your brain active ... probably depends on what you mean by self improvement .... self improvement as in improve how you appear but not really gaining ( But you always gain )...or improve yourself which in turngives your mind healthier fulfilling thoughts. Single or not it's better stronger experience for the individual

Garek likes this.
  4. It almost sounds like you are arguing against making new friends, or that pro-social activities don't count as self improvement. Now I am sure that's not what you are doing, but the thought has stirred.

5. Upwards2020

Upwards2020 Fapstronaut

Been single and all that other jazz for about 6 years now ... I'm at a point I really can't be arsed tbh

Garek likes this.
  6. I'm not talking about being with a woman, I am talking about having friends. Maybe you've got enough of those already.