1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking The Cycle

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Xack567

Xack567 Fapstronaut

Finally convinced myself to post here

To anyone who reads this:
    Hey, I hope you're still okay and all is going swimmingly.
    I'm really not sure what to post, but here goes nothing.

I've been stuck under this endless loop for the longest time now and I think its time to take the first step in finding my way back to the right path.

Lately I've been noticing that I feel like I've been perusing 'pleasure' more than I persue GOD. I have backsliden, and I feel so guilty. It's so frustrating, I know what I'm doing is wrong but for some reason I do it anyway. I feel so powerless as if all hope is lost.

But I know for a fact that where there's a will there's a way, so there's always Hope. I always thought I was alone in all this, now I've realised that I was so wrong, it feels so motivating knowing that there's people out there who went through worse situations than me and came out stronger.

I am made in God’s image. Because of this, i had to deal with my stressors(Triggers) in the way that God, the designer, has made me to, rather than allowing my stressors to lead me further in to addiction.

I don't remember the last time I just spent time in Prayer and reflection. In a quiet place with just me and GOD. Yep it's been that long. But today is the day I change that.

I once read that:
    "God has built us in a way such that our ultimate happiness and relief can only be found in Him. All other solutions are temporary, and in many cases we will be worse off than when we first started." In my case this is 100% Accurate.

I feel so out of touch with GOD. I'm just filled with so much regret. But, there's no use dwelling In the past what I can do now is take those mistakes I made and learn from them.

And pray to God to keep my Faith firm and Give me perfect peace
    Isaiah 6:3

~XACK

2. BreakingFAP

BreakingFAP Fapstronaut

I'm right there with you brother. I, too, know what is right but I keep backsliding. What a wretched man I am. :emoji_disappointed:

I take hope today's Psalm reading (I'm using a through-the-bible plan in my YouVersion app.)

'You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them. ' Psalm 145:16,19 https://my.bible.com/bible/59/PSA.145.16,19

How cool is that? :emoji_astonished: He promises to satisfy my desire! PMO, at best, satisfies for a short while. Afterwards we beat ourselves up. We are chasing after something that does not really satisfy. If it did, we wouldn't burn so much time on the computer. :emoji_alarm_clock::emoji_arrow_upper_right::emoji_computer:

So cry out to God! :emoji_speaking_head: We'll wait for that deliverance and satisfaction together.

3. Welcome (back) to the fight. I am glad you took the bold step to speak up. This is an excellent community of supportive folks. You will find much encouragement here -- and no condemnation. We are all on the journey toward Christ and Christ-likeness. I am praying for you and cheering you on toward that goal!

Xack567 likes this.
  4. This is a good starting point. Start having a consistent quiet time with the Lord in prayer, and the word.

Right, repent, or change direction, and change what you've been doing. Accept God's forgiveness and ask Him to help you eliminate PMO for good.

Xack567 likes this.
  5. Sometimes we have to get to the end of ourselves, be so sick and tired of our sin, that we have no choice but to turn to God. It’s only then we are willing to throw everything on him.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
    Xack567, Myfortress and Tao Jones like this.
  6. I am ashamed to say it, but this was the case for me. God was my last resort. I will be forever grateful for his patience and faithfulness. He alone loves like that. He alone is worthy to be worshipped.

Xack567, Myfortress and Beatthis like this.
  7. Xack567

Xack567 Fapstronaut

To everyone who replied to this thread, thanks so much
    It feels so great knowing that I'm part of a community that gets what I'm going through and are willing to help me.

For so long I was ashamed of who I've become
    I felt so guilty as if I wasn't even worth GODs time.
    And that's a lie most of us tell ourselves
    But I was listening to a song today (Reckless Love by Bethel Music)
    And there's a verse that goes:

"When I was your foe, still Your love fought for me
    You have been so, so
    Good to me,
    When I felt no worth
    You paid it all for me,
    You have been so, so
    Kind to me"

Now I've seen that no matter what I do, GOD will still be there with open arms waiting for me, that no matter what we tell ourselves, he will always love us Unconditionally.

All we have to do is just put our Faith in him
    ~Xack

Myfortress, Tao Jones and Beatthis like this.
  8. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

This is so accurate indeed! I just want to say welcome back to this fight! We are all in this together and I hope through these forums you will find some strength! As for the past let me write this quote from someone that I really like and think is very true.

''Learn from the past and plan for the future, but live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come''

Xack567 and Beatthis like this.
  9. I do love that song. I like the way it describes God's pursuit of us.
    There's no shadow You won't light up
    Mountain You won't climb up
    Coming after me
    There's no wall You won't kick down
    Lie You won't tear down
    Coming after me

Xack567 and Beatthis like this.