1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Brotherzoned

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by kaizensun, Aug 7, 2014.

1. kaizensun

kaizensun Fapstronaut

So i'm currently in the midst of attempting to ask a girl out who I've got close to recently in the past 2 weeks, I can sense the signs that she likes me although she did say to me "you're like the lost brother I never had" And I'm pretty sure I just got brotherzoned but maybe I can still try to ask her??

2. IWantABetterLife22

IWantABetterLife22 NoFap Moderator

The only way you'll truly know how she feels about you is if you ask her out. There's no such thing as "friendzoning", "brotherzoning", etc.

3. coolmike87

coolmike87 Fapstronaut

Go for it.. Let us know how it goes. I'm in a similar situation...

4. Misfit

Misfit Fapstronaut

The longer you leave it the more difficult it'll be.

Don't go for second best, don't be dishonest with yourself (or her).

Good luck.

5. Epheles

Epheles Fapstronaut

This is not true. If you calibrate correctly on your girl, you instantly know what she feels about you.
    But then, if you fail at calibrating correctly, you will likely fail to gain her attention and build up attraction aswell. That's exactly how you land in the friendzone.

6. noteveragain

noteveragain Fapstronaut

7. vik17

vik17 Fapstronaut

Bro, I believe that you should think carefully about the implications of you asking her out. If she says yes, then that's awesome, but if she says no, then your friendship might be ruined. Consider whether you are truly ready to take such a risk. If this is the case, then good luck. If not, you could always remain good friends. If she feels the same way, you would get a gf but, if not, your friendship would never be the same. None of us here can truly tell you what to do, only you can solve this dilemma of whether or not to ask her out. Just consider the implications and then decide.

8. tarv

tarv Fapstronaut

It's totally unfair to her if you just act like a friend and expect that she will fall for you without any romantic prompting on your part. If you're interested romantically and you think there's any chance that she would be interested, your choices are to ask her out or keep wondering (which will likely be frustrating). If you ask her out and she says no, it will definitely change your friendship. But chances are she's not going to see you as a potential boyfriend if you don't make any moves in that direction. So there are your risks on either side. Your call.

9. kaizensun

kaizensun Fapstronaut

Okay guys, I do make romantic promps to her for the most part and don't entirely act as a friendly friend, You're right the longer, the more difficult so missing my chances isn't the best of ideas, but I will take a risk either way as I don't really wish to carry on living my current life.

10. MoonUser

MoonUser Fapstronaut

I agree- just ask her.