1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Buchanan:It's Too Late to Save the USA

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

What I will agree with you on is that "Upward Mobility" today is something that the youth no longer have, thanks to globalism. The younger generations especially in the USA are fucked in that regard.

2. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

It's still doing fine, obama recently tried to take credit for it. lol

3. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

It's still doing OK for now, but there was a huge decline (due to Trade War with China, cabinet members quitting, government shut down, fed rates going up, and general unpredictability) and there is talk of a recession coming. I hope he can fix things, or else we're all F'd.

4. Beamer_Dreamer

Beamer_Dreamer Fapstronaut

As long as Trump doesn't have a second term the country can start healing and building back up and maybe it can be great for the first time ever. You can't be "great again" if you've never been great in the first place. Of course the US has been great in certain areas at any one time, it is in no way great overall.

5. The USA was never great, isn't great and never will be great... they start wars, they have one of the most corrupt economic agendas and systems, they steal resources from other countries among other atrocities... they're one of the most immoral, if not the most immoral country in world history... smh, too bad they control so much in this world.

Beamer_Dreamer likes this.
  6. Beamer_Dreamer

Beamer_Dreamer Fapstronaut

Well said

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. ClaritySeeker

I disagree, the USA is a world superpower, we have the most advanced technology and biggest economy. We created the internet that you're using...I'm not saying we're perfect, but we're not too bad considering other countries. I would still rather live in the USA and have been born here than anywhere else. I feel lucky to be born here actually. Do I like Trump? Nope, but I'm still hoping he can do some good things.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Actually Japan would probably a better contender for a country with the most advanced technology but whatever... The fact remains that the US capitalist economic system is the one of the most immoral economic systems ever implemented by any nation and it seems that you've forgotten all the horrible things your country has done to become the superpower that it has become ie. wars, stealing resources from other countries, toppling foreign governments etc.

Beamer_Dreamer likes this.
  9. ClaritySeeker

Again, I said we're not perfect. We're definitely #1 though, yes even more advanced than Japan (even though I love Japan as well).

10. wtf, France and Germany are wonderful places. The crime rate is like 6x lower in both countries than in the US. And imo there's more freedom - cops are constantly harassing you in America, in some places it feels like a police state.

I'm not even speaking from a political perspective. Just from a civilian's point of view European countries are nicer. They're cleaner, safer, more lush, and have a wealth of cultural heritage.

11. You don't get it. The posts I made were about how the US became advanced superpower that it is. The US is advanced (although that's arguable) mainly because of corrupt practices and policies.

12. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

thats an absurd post

13. brilliantidiot

I don't think its too late. If we have trump again, then pence, then maybe shapiro or someone. Don't be so sure trump will win again though. We need every vote we can get to save the US.

14. Believe what you want. Keep on living in your delusional little bubble where Uncle Sam keeps lying to you about how he got so much power or how he got rich... You really believe the US is innocent? Seriously? After all the times they've invaded other countries and stolen things that didn't belong to them? Wow just wow!!!

Hernandez1994 likes this.
  15. brilliantidiot

where the heck did I say the Us is innocent?

TheLoneDanger likes this.
  16. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Lol.

There are too many odd posts on here since I checked back last, but I’ll reply to the ones where I actually see a hint of sense.

Recessions come and go, and due to their effects of changing habits and investment to undervalued industries, they’re a necessary evil. Every decade since the Great Depression had a recession in the US (except, ironically, the 2010s), and some even had two. The US and the world are actually due for one.

Capitalism hasn’t been the best in action and unchecked “pure” capitalism is a terrible policy favoring monopolies, but in no way does it compare to the systematic oppression and the murder of tens of millions of people that Marxism and Nazism were both responsible for, simply for disagreeing.

Japn’s products are typically higher quality, but considering the USA is still the leader of patent registration, Japan doesn’t match that area of innovation yet, but they’re definitely on top.

I hate when politicians take credit for the economy, whether it’s Obama, Trump or other politicians in the world. Sure, their policies can help or hurt in the short term, but in the long term, market forces win out.

Damn! You beat me to it!

17. brilliantidiot

No country is innocent but the US is a pretty damn good one.....Hardly "the most immoral country ever"

MLMVSS likes this.
  18. Well after I claimed it was one of the most immoral, if not the most immoral country in world history, you said I was being absurd. Your country has invaded other countries, toppled governments, have started wars, killed millions of innocent people among a whole host of other crimes and you can't even admit that they could at least be one of the most immoral countries in world history? Incredible!

19. brilliantidiot

lol bro get a history book.

TheLoneDanger and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  20. brilliantidiot

read on communism, read on WW1 and WW2, read on ancient roman/egyption history, etc......

Sorry if I offended you