Buddy System 90 Day Journey

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by testjones11, Feb 23, 2020.

1. testjones11

testjones11 Fapstronaut

Hello!
    I am having such a hard time with no PMO. More so the M and O part. I am looking for someone or a group of people in this tread that I could do this with.

I am looking to do a 90 day(never made it past 24) hard-mode journey and feel that if I could do this with someone then they may help. Obviously, this would be based on trust and if someone relapses then we support that person and get them back on track.

We could lay out what helps, what doesn't or just journey once or twice a day to see how everyone is doing.

Any takers?

JohnStrength1 likes this.
  2. Craig365

Craig365 Fapstronaut

Hey i would like to journey with you, however i've never made it past 5 days. My addiction is terrible so i need the help.

3. testjones11

testjones11 Fapstronaut

Craig365,
    I am looking for an accountability partner so that that would be great!
    At the moment, I cannot make it past 4-5 days myself, and it has been tough recently.

How about we start posting within this discussion as our daily journey and go from there? No skipping days.

We create small steps to achieve our overall goal of 90 days. Figure out how to reward ourselves after certain milestones - 30, 60, 90, etc.

Assist in helping each other figure out their triggers or the WHY to this addiction. And what contributes to alleviating or avoiding the dependence on FAP.

We could create a base model for us to follow then put it in place. Everything in our journey will be based on trust. If one of us falters then, we figure out why as a team.

I cannot only really check the page one or two times a day unless its the weekend.

Let me know your thoughts.

4. Craig365

Craig365 Fapstronaut

@testjones11 sounds great.
    I'd post here daily updating my challenges and my current streak.

I think ig is a challenge for me currently bc I'm in a sense cheating.. I get urges to indulge when I have university work to do. Like today I have an assignment due before 4 however I keep getting urges.
    So I went on ig to look at hot girls.

Do you consider that a fail or is a temptation?

I'm on day 1, will be on day 2 at 6pm today wbu?

5. testjones11

testjones11 Fapstronaut

I think that this is a temptation that is setting you up for relapse.
    I relapsed earlier today, and I believe mine is due to anxiety.

When you get the urges, walk away from what you are doing. Close the laptop and take a 20-minute break. I will follow that rule, as well. I understand that you have an assignment, but it sounds like a break is what you need, so you don't relapse.

I am going to do my best to understand your situation, and you know mine for support purposes.

Stay strong, and don't engage in those fake websites that give you nothing.

Craig365 likes this.
  6. Craig365

Craig365 Fapstronaut

From summing this up, We can say that urges to relapse give us a temporary escape from our anxiety or stresses of life.
    But unfortunately they cause us to feel worse than before and just sets us up for a lifetime filled with these problems.

So as you said lets stay very strong.. BE AWARE at all time of the temptations and don't engage in those fake websites.

Seeing that you relapsed I would think you're most vulnerable but don't sweat it my friend...
    You will feel better just make it to day1.. give up those fake solutions that give you nothing.

I'm here for you bro... You're not alone. We can do this together.
    Aside from us there is an entire community of men facing this problem and many other relating causes and effects.

However some have succeeded so who are us even to say we cannot.
    WE CAN.

DAY 2 for me and I'm proud... Bit shameful that I'm proud of two days but baby steps.
    Lets make it to 1 and 3 days respectively !

7. I'm looking for one. I've fallen hard to the end and beginning of this year.

8. testjones11

testjones11 Fapstronaut

TrueSaiyan,
    I hear you and have hit rock bottom again.

Let's give March a try with no PMO. I have to restart today as I have been under a lot of stress.

We can go back and forth and try to work through this.

I am not always on the site but will try to check in daily or more.

Craig365 likes this.
  9. testjones11

testjones11 Fapstronaut

Craig365,
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Working a few jobs and have a family.

I agree that we can start small, and that may be best. However, I would like to do a day to day posting with the thought of getting through March in my mind.

Can I ask what side effects you have experienced or why you are here? Everyone has their reasons, and mine is due to both psychological and physical symptoms.

I hope all is well and stay strong bro!

Craig365 likes this.
  10. testjones11

testjones11 Fapstronaut

TrueSaiyan and Craig365,
    This will be a give and take from all of us and will try and do my part to post every day.

Also, if you have anything that helps with urges then feel free to post it here.

Have a great day and stay strong!

11. Craig365

Craig365 Fapstronaut

I failed guys :/ @testjones11 Some of my sessions last hours so its extremely mentally draining for me..
    I feel mentally exhausted, physically exhausted. I feel lethargic for the entire day. I have now will to do my work and even if I try I can't focus.
    I need to get out of this dark place bc i failed last night and this morning and I sit here feeling completely dead and useless.

12. testjones11

testjones11 Fapstronaut

Criag365,
    Don't stress about it now. It's over and let's focus on moving on. I failed too and it sucks, but we have to pick ourselves up and learn from that.

Let's all try to make it to tomorrow this time without fail. Watch for triggers and stay positive.

All in the same boat bro. Let's all take an oar and let's get the hell out of here! Yeah that was corney but maybe it made you laugh.

Seriously though, tomorrow at this time.

We got this!

Craig365 likes this.
  13. Craig365

Craig365 Fapstronaut

Yea bro still day 0 tmrw at 2 we will be at day 1

14. testjones11

testjones11 Fapstronaut

It wasn't a struggle for me today which was odd. However, I officially made it 1 day 10 hours and 32 minutes and counting.

How did you guys make out today? Hopefully all is well on your end!

Craig365 likes this.
  15. Craig365

Craig365 Fapstronaut

Today was a very much struggle for me bro as I have an upcoming exam.. Also spent money on the wrong vitamin supplement.. and can't return :/ I just failed again. Really disappointing of me :/
    But i must say congrats bro! that is excellent of you!

16. testjones11

testjones11 Fapstronaut

Sorry that yesterday was such a struggle for you. I find getting over the first few weeks to be the worst, and then it's like a roller-coaster. Stress, for me, is what causes a relapse. Less coffee, more exercise, and eating foods that help with dopamine release have been beneficial. Bananas play a significant role when it comes to fighting the urges as they release dopamine. It sounds odd, but it works for me. Also, writing on the forums and helping out others.

It sounds like stress may be causing some of your relapses. Have you tried meditation or exercise?

Stay strong. It's been an uphill battle for me, but I am determined to go the month! Don't let relapse get you down. Just start over and keep an eye on triggers!

Let's start with today being clean for both! We goth this!

17. Craig365

Craig365 Fapstronaut

Scary thing is for the first time yesterday I felt really sick after the relapse and I still feel fatigue and anxiety.. I've never had anxiety attacks like tht so it was scary but bc of all the stress, the urges are the worst rn..

18. testjones11

testjones11 Fapstronaut

I used to get them about 15 years ago and never knew why. Only within the past 5 few years did I realize that fapping was the cause. I cut back but still need to stop and let my body adjust back to normal. Over 20 years of abuse and my symptoms were crazy. Brainfog, fatigue and anxiety were top on that list.

How are you holding up today?

Craig365 likes this.
  19. testjones11

testjones11 Fapstronaut

Tired and exhausted today. Thought I could make it but could not - I failed.

I was fine up until an hour ago, then BAM!!! Hit me like no tomorrow... So my triggers were due to exhaustion and anxiety. I drank last night and woke up tired. I need to stop drinking with this journey. I know that plays a critical role in how I feel and the outcome of my day.

Do you feel the same about drinking?

20. Craig365

Craig365 Fapstronaut

I don't drink, it's a waste for me..
    But yea I started feeling like I have anxiety fatigue and brain fog all the same symptoms