1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Buzz cut to beat insecurity?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by gaccts82, Nov 4, 2020.

1. gaccts82

gaccts82 Fapstronaut

Hey yall. So all my life I have really cared what people think about my appearance. Over quarantine, I grew my hair out in the hopes that I would be more attractive. I spent a lot of time on it and I just recently decided to get a hair cut. When I cut my hair I realized that I spend a lot of energy worrying about my physical appearance and what people think of me.

I wonder if getting a buzz cut would allow me to break away from this insecurity. With out my hair, all I have is my personality, which is where a lot of my insecurity stems from. I have hidden behind my appearance before. Without this shield I would have to become confident in myself and my personality. Then when my hair grows back I would have that confidence plus the look.

What do you guys think?

pezzer and Musta like this.
  2. Buzz cuts make some guys look more attractive tho. They also don't require much attention and maintenance. Just choose a hairstyle that you like, don't worry about everyone else.

3. gaccts82

gaccts82 Fapstronaut

yea man i got no idea and advice for figuring it out?

pezzer likes this.
  4. gaccts82

gaccts82 Fapstronaut

The point is that I am super attached to my hair to the point where its affecting my ego, getting rid of all the hair might help me separate from the "need" to have it, if you get me

Enulv and Joseph Campbell like this.
  5. _usernameusername_

_usernameusername_ Fapstronaut

I think buzzcut could be a good way to tackle insecurity. Over quarantine I started cutting my own hair and I think that that definitely helped me get over what people think of my hair.

I obviously want it to not look bad, but at the same time i can feel confident with it cause I know i did it myself and its good enough for me

Joseph Campbell likes this.
  6. newstartolife

newstartolife Fapstronaut

If you wanna do it then do it, we don't have all the answers for you.

7. skibum71

skibum71 Fapstronaut

Going to get mine done today. I've always thought there is something ritualistic/symbolic about it. When monks renounce the world, first thing they do, shave their heads as a sign they have taken a step into a different reality. In Hinduism when a person dies the eldest son also shaves his head. Prisoners also have to shave their heads, which is done to remove individuality, monks joining a monastery, guys going into prison, same thing really - shave head to strip away ego and its attendant vanities. So yes I think its very symbolic.
    And Kurt Cobain sang im so happy cos today I shaved my head.
    Go for it. Stop worrying about your hair. If you don't like it, it will grow back, don't do it again.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    pezzer and Joseph Campbell like this.
  8. pezzer

pezzer Fapstronaut

Funny story my hair was getting in my eyes at work and all the hairdressers are shut now again so i just asked my dad to do it for me without thinking about it and honestly its quite liberating. 3 or so years ago during my sixth form years i'd have hair down to my shoulders and i felt exactly the way you are describing now, hiding under the appearance i mean i was quite physically trying to hide myself i guess. But 'the buzzcut' forces you to look at the world i suppose. I wouldn't really say my personalities changed because of it but i'd definitely say hair in general is a big way of identification at times like it can change how a person looks drastically and i guess its forcing you to see yourself for who you really are, come to terms with it and accept it, learn to love the way you look.

9. I had nice hair. Like, good looking. Actually good looking. But I cut all my hair... Cause why would I care about them? It makes me feel better when I' m bald. Don' t really give a shit about appearance, it' s just stupid. Society can go and stick 3 fingers up in their ass with their standards.

10. [​IMG]
    Get it 2 on the sides, 3 on top with a hard part.

Just grow it out. It will take time patience, and it will get annoying. It's worth it. Tell your barber your growing it out, and he will adjust it for you so it comes in evenly.
    [​IMG]

11. I think the appearance of your what you place on your body reflects the image of how your going to be perceived.

You may not be able to help your insecurity, I have anxiety and I'm a good looking dude. But you may be able to control them and define them by how you perceive yourself to be to others.

Prime example:
    [​IMG]

pezzer likes this.