1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can a boy and a girl be just friends?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by modern milarepa, Apr 7, 2021.

1. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

That's fair enough mate, I used to be a bit of a pretentious douche on my teens too, and "wasted" about 14 years looking for the truth, felt stupid when I found it, and felt like "all those I called stupid and that they don't think deep enough, had it figured out without even asking the questions, ironic...."

Each one have their own journey, I'm just speaking from where I am now, but there is nothing inherently wrong with where you are.

Anyhow, monkey brain strong, don't underestimate monkey brain.
    Good day.

The Passenger likes this.
  2. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I like the attitude of my friend @Hachiraya

3. I met this one girl. I can't consider her nor smart nor intelligent. Really basic country girl. But there was something within her that changed my view of happiness.
    Blue pill is probably the only real way to be happy. Even the white pill is actually just... Sort of faked happiness to me. Blue pilled ones just don't care. They just live.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like the deeper you dig, the more lost you are. It's like looking for glasses when they are on you.

SDJR likes this.
  4. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

5. n0tmynam3

n0tmynam3 Fapstronaut

I think its hard when your young but when people mature I think its more possible.

6. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Yes , I have many friends of the opposite sex and it works well

We are really incompatible sexually and emtionally , i never felt attraction
    But we can talk frankly and freely of everything

Marshall 5 likes this.
  7. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Possible as long as there is no attraction. If you think a girl is hot but she won't fuck you and you settle for being friends (because you secretly think that by being her friend that she'll see what at good guy you are and some how she'll magically fuck you) then you're simply a b****. End of story.
    I was on friendly terms with a girl who one day i finally had the courage to tell her how I felt. she wanted to just be friends. Ok, I went with it.. but I started getting red pilled not long after and started seeing alot of other girls. Well? What do friends do. They talk about their love life. I started telling her how i saw this girl and that girl and fuck this one and then that one.
    Guess what.
    eventually she started thinking she missed out and ended up sending me that text that every man loves to get.
    You can get out of the friend zone, but its not by buying her fucking chocolates and flowers thats for sure. Show her you're a man and a man who is in demand.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2021
  8. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

That's an over simplified and highly negative way to look at it. I worked with a guy who is over weight, short, and losing his hair. He makes good money but he's not Donald Trump. He got women like crazy and he eventually ended up marrying a smoke show.
    He was 100% confident and at ease with himself. All this nonsense about needing to be a billionaire with a 6 pack is bullshit. That stuff helps but does not guarantee success with women. Women are attracted to 90% attitude and 10% looks. My overweight and balding friend not once in his life sat there worrying about how he looked. All of what you're saying is an excuse for having zero social skills. And this "20 years ago people treated eachother better" is bullshit too. Don't fucking tell me that male/female relations changed in only the last 20 years and that that's why you missed the boat. get a grip. read "the rational male".

9. Shadow™輝ツ

Shadow™輝ツ Fapstronaut

My Journal
  10. The seeker

The seeker Fapstronaut

I think it's possible for a boy and girl just be friends. In the distant past I had female friends I would call up and meet up for a drink and a chat. However down the line their spouses can get jealous and unfortunately it's the friend that seems to have to go.

11. obviously
    you know you can be friends with someone you're sexually attracted to, right?
    plus homosexuality and asexuality exist

FellatiousD likes this.
  12. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

I had no sexual emotions towards my female friends, no interest in dating them, but one time of them sent me a voice message on whatsapp when she was sick and tired and she kept moaning in the voice message and it made me horny. Another time when I held hands with another regular female friend I definitely felt some excitement, even though till today I have no interest in dating them. So no, I think the answer to your question is no. And the guy who said "to know the true answer, let her tell her 'friends' that she is horny to know the real answer", this is the most true thing ever, you will find out real quick why my answer is no.

13. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

friends with someone you are sexually attracted to? that's called friend-zone, and that is not by choice

14. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Sorry Chad,
    this is real life, the monkey gets the girl

[meme]

CarP likes this.
  15. sir, I'm afraid you have the horny syndrome

FellatiousD likes this.
  16. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

no, you are unwitting.

17. if you can't stop your monkey brain from going "fuck every woman in this room" then it's better that you dont talk to girls

FellatiousD likes this.
  18. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Monkey approves
    [​IMG]

Monkey brain strong

modern milarepa likes this.
  19. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

It is definitely possible and has been common for as long as men and women have been around. If you're sexually attracted, can you just be friends? No, probably not. But the truth of the friend zone and orbiters doesn't necessitate that all male/female relationships are orbiter/ friendzone relationships. I've had female friends that I didn't want to fuck, hell-- most friends seem to occur in "groups" anyways.

The idea that men and women can't be friends reeks of the female worship/ pedestal mentality that plagues modern men to begin with, or its inverse that women are somehow subhuman. You can interact with women in a non-sexual context, you can even discuss with them contentious topics, have points of disagreement, and learn something from them that's not exclusive to femininity or sexual intercourse.

If you're having trouble with women in general, or sexually, I would actively encourage you to start by making friends with a female that you have absolutely no interest in fucking-- she doesn't have to be an obese monster (and probably better if she isn't, if I'm being honest), but just someone that you won't think about sex around. If you learn to treat women as if they're friends and people, and not as potential mates, girlfriends, fuck-buddies, or conquests, you'll probably (almost definitely) see an increase in your own sexual attractiveness. Women can smell sexually obsessed and starved men from a mile away.

20. Its possible but generally men and woman arent real friends. Its usually some flirting involved or attraction from one side. I would say the most common scenario is the man is attracted but she just thinks they are friends, then he confesses how he feels only be told she only sees him as a friend. Average/ugly men think any conversation regularly with a woman means she likes them but woman like to have people around, shoulders to cry on when chad pumps and dumps them or just to small talk about bullshit. They like to feel popular and desired. Most men dont have a chance with the girl they are pursuing once they are 'friends'.