1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone relate?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by D-Mystifier, May 19, 2021.

1. D-Mystifier

D-Mystifier Fapstronaut

"So far from who I was
    From who I love
    From who I want to be
    So far from all our dreams
    From all it means
    From you here next to me
    So far from seeing home
    I stand out here alone
    Am I asking for too much?
    So far from being free
    Of the past that's haunting me
    The future I just can't touch
    And if you take my hand
    Please pull me from the dark
    And show me hope again
    We'll run side-by-side
    No secrets left to hide
    Sheltered from the pain."

The feels. PMO has brought me so fucking far away from love that it's literally made me sick. I am stuck in the mud, an unable to truly step into who I want to be, who I am at the core. As of late, love seem largely inaccessible, despite many people trying to show it to me, in their own various ways. I am a bit nervous that in some sense I am sociopathic or something, as I cannot feel love as I once was able to. Yikes...

Anyone else here as well? If yes, what are you doing about it?
    Anyone here overcome it? If yes, how so?!

Hope you have been keeping well, all things considered.

2. Yes. In a way I think what you're describing is more of the goal than number of days in a streak.

And it's interesting to look at the way many typically look at this process: As a fight. Or, it's the standard addiction narrative - taking it less literally that way but definitely a struggle with a certain self effacing twist.

That Jung quote in your signature fits well with this. Accepting it doesn't mean just taking it at face value though, or that you are necessarily something extreme like sociopathic.

If I was to characterize it it would be more like a roboticism. Even well meaning people working hard on their recovery can end up functioning that way, and I don't even think that's wrong at a certain phase to get things stable into a pattern. But you can have a routine and still feel a dullness like this, or don't feel things.

But you're probably doing alright or better than I am at least emotionally speaking, you thought of a song and it resonates enough for you to post it. I don't relate that much to music these days, although I think today I thought of an Eric Clapton song so that's something and also unusual for me... (Pilgrim btw)

D-Mystifier likes this.