1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can excessive PMO make you sick?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Mushybrain98, May 24, 2018.

1. Mushybrain98

Mushybrain98 Fapstronaut

Hi all, I'm new here and I'm up to day 13 NoFap. I'm wondering if excessive pmo can make you really sick? I've just turned 20, I'm male and I think I started masterbating when I was 14 or 15? 15 onwards I've pretty much been masterbating everyday, sometimes skip a day here or there, sometimes twice or 3 times a day. Just before my 17th birthday I started getting a lot of anxiety, chest pain, palpitations you name it but all tests came back clear. As the years have gone by, I've been suffering from headaches, acid reflex, palpitations, tiredness, arm and leg weakness, dizziness, light headed when standing. You name it, I've pretty much had and of course I've got ED and PE. I do notice symptoms are worse right after a pmo.
    Can pmo cause all those symptoms? I've had pretty much every test under the sun and everything except my liver enzyme test comes back normal. Docs are never concerned about it though as apparently it's common to be slightly raised in young people. I've read somewhere that sexual exhaustion is like Adrenal Fatigue? Can excessive pmo and sexual exhaustion be linked? What I'd kill to have my old life back...I used to be a long distance runner but I can't jog at all without getting symptoms! I want to be able to work and study properly but I never have the energy and my brain fog is a nightmare. I don't really care about being more confident to women on this journey or all that stuff, I just want to get well so I can get my life on track! Do you think me going NoFap will help me get better? Thanks for reading guys, please reply if you have any answers for me!!

2. Hey mate!

Whatever symptoms and issues you mention, I would have to agree that PMO may be the cause of them for your tests have always come clean. Semen is the king of a man's body. When ejaculated rightly, it has the power to produce a life and when conserved, it has the power to preserve you and improve you at physical, mental and spiritual levels.

Before NoFap journey, I also used to have a lot of issues like you. Having intense pain in legs and not being able to enjoy soccer which used to be my favourite sport before indulging in this debauchery, tiredness, headache, depression - all had become my issues that never ever existed before.

And now after almost 3 months, I can tell you that I have completely taken control of my life. I do running each day (recently ran 5 km which is my best after a very long time ), enjoy playing soccer, have never fallen ill in these days, sleep very less, enjoy a better mood and feel so much energy to get the things done.

The best way to know this - Try NoFap and see. I am sure you would get the answer. Don't spill this amazing fluid.

LakeMichigan likes this.
  3. Mushybrain98

Mushybrain98 Fapstronaut

Thanks mate,

Great to hear you're doing well and it's made you better! It's giving me hope. I want to be able to run a 5km again too. I used to run sub 20 minute 5km before I got unwell, now it takes me about 40-50 minutes because I can only walk it with a few jogs here and there. I'm just sick of being sick if y'know what I mean!? I want to be healthy and lead a normal life of a 20 year old. I fear that I'll be living like this forever. I'm really hoping NoFap is the answer, it does make sense to me that I could have been over doing it all this time. As I said I'm on day 13, and the only differences I've had so far is that my headaches have gotten worse and I've already had my first wet dream in quite awhile! Not to mention my brain fog has been terrible the last couple of days. Still early days I guess. Hoping I'll see improvements soon

4. Watch the statements brother. Never have any thoughts like these.

The NoFap journey ain't a smooth road buddy. You do have ups and downs. I am sure you would unleash all the benefits if you continue the streak. But NoFap ain't a miracle bro; I am sure you are working on some solid habits like reading, meditation, eating healthy or starting a journal. And remember what is on the other side. Is it natural to fap to pixels and ladies that we won't ever see? Did our ancestors used to do this debauchery in the past for Internet is a fairly new thing? Does it make sense to lose sexual energy that has been given to procreate? That life is fake, illusory and you would have to pay for it if you continue the streak for M cause devastation at physical and mental level. You lose concentration. You lose memory. You become moody and judgemental. You feel like as if someone beat you up hard. You can't get things done. Do you want that? And those long-term symptoms that you and I used to experience?

Hope you understand things and take the issue seriously at the right time. I wish you all the best!

5. Hi. Welcome to forum!

Many nofappers report symptoms such as migraines, low energy, insomnia, acne, anxiety, worse vision, hair loss and much more. This is caused by hormonal imbalances and nutritional deficiencies. I myself have experienced many of those and they went away after rebooting. Some things you mentioned I do not know whether fapping causes them, but it is possible I suppose.

We have to understand that it takes tremendous energy for body to build sperm. A lot of nutrient are needed as well as a lot of calories and nerve energy. If we deptete ourselves from those nutrients and use that bioenergy to create so much sperm then it might make healing from other types of disease harder.

Anyway, sake sure you crate a personal journal thread in Reboot Logs section and blog there on a regular basis. As well as just generally be active participant in various forum discussions. I recommend this to everybody new here because it's the major thing that helped me when I was first starting. Just lurking on forums, reading and learning is great. But it usually is so much more powerful to engage. It helps to keep us motivated and accountable when we are active part of community. And keeps this in front of our minds so we don't forget about importance of it and slip away in our old habits. Sharing is also therapeutic. This is a major reason why AA meetings work so good. But that was developed before internet era. These days we can get most of the same benefits online through communities like this. So don't underestimate the power of active participation.

I would also like to suggest you to look into mindfulness meditation. It has helped me personally tremendously to learn how to deal with urges. It takes a while to get good at it and notice results, so you need to be consistent with it, but once you do it's very powerful. It has been used by sages for thousands of years to deal with various issues of the mind. And in recent decades the science is also catching up to what ancient sages have know for centuries. Meditation these days are widely used as very effective tool by psychologists for treating addiction and by neurologists for supporting recovery of the brain. It is a great exercise for the brain the same way as jogging is great exercise for the body. Check out this Ted talk, it gives a good idea of what's it about when it comes to philosophy. As far as practical side of it there is this awesome smartphone app called Headspace for guided meditations to get you started.

Wish you lot's of strength and success in your reboot journey!

6. Mushybrain98

Mushybrain98 Fapstronaut

Cheers guys,

At day 16 now, still going strong. Gained a little more energy.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. ibrahim345

ibrahim345 New Fapstronaut

Hi
    Mushybrain98
    How are the things with you now after more than a year?
    It seems like you have everything under control lol.
    I hope you're feeling well.
    Please let us know if things are improving.

All best.