1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can i be happy again?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Stp890, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Stp890

Stp890 Fapstronaut

My regret of starting pmo seems to be endless,i was addicted for 8 years,depression all the time,constant thinking for when will i be happy again,will i be cured of pied?can i get married?can a girl stay and live with me?can i bear children?can i live a happy life again like my friends do? I dont know the answer,all i know is that i am depressed,those questions lingers constantly in my mind thereby occupying 98% of my thought,

I am regretting of this fucking life ahhhhhhh!

What i am scared the most was the fucking flatline that seems endless,
    I am tired of this life

Maxxx likes this.
  2. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

All those worries will pass buddy,but you need to help yourself and to stop thinking about that,that can just worse situation.I know that is important and it is hard to stop thinking about that,but all things start in mind.You already started to change yourself for better,be persistent,don't give up and no negative thinking.
    I remember when i was in flatline,it was time when i wanted to die,but after my flatline have ended i can confidently say that i have new life.

Stp890 and Maxxx like this.
  3. When you're worried about the future, you're not depressed, you have anxiety. Depression is caused by past events.

You think you'll be happy when you get all these things, but trust me, you won't feel a thing. The brain always finds ways to remind us that we don't have enough. Even when we do. You're chasing wind. Being happy doesn't depend on external things. You already have everything you need inside you.

If you want to cure this anxiety, you're going to have to calm your thoughts. Because, yes, they're just thoughts, nothing else. I would advise you to practice meditation very regularly. but above all to show gratitude for all that you already have. Stop always wanting to have more. As long as you don't love yourself the way you are, you'll never be happy. As long as you act out of need rather than out of love for who you are, you will suffer.

I stopped working on myself during this time we can't get out. just to see how my body and mind react to the absence of work. Result: I am who I am, doing nothing and having nothing doesn't change who I am. I know that voice telling me I don't have enough is just a voice. Who I am deep down inside is far more important than these superficial things.

Until you come to that conclusion, you will be unhappy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2020
  4. Stp890

Stp890 Fapstronaut

Please how long have you flatlined,and how is your ed now?

Kligor likes this.
  5. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

I was in flatline about 50-60 days,some people have shorter flatline,some people even have longer flatline.
    To be honest about PIED,i think i never had a PIED.I m still young,but i have seen even people younger than me having PIED,there is really no rule.But i can say that my erection are better than ever.

Stp890 likes this.
  6. Max666

Max666 Fapstronaut

Yeah you can be happy but you gotta work at it. Remember, happiness is a bi-product so dont focus on happiness itself as your end goal. Your objective should be other things. A fisherman's goal is not to sell his fish to the market, it's to catch fish.

Stp890 likes this.
  7. hii'mPaul

hii'mPaul Fapstronaut

I think you maybe can be happy, but it's as MAx666 says, focus on this abstinence. Succeeding and not even wanting to return anymore gives you a way better image of yourself, and in my experience that comes with a some really nice changes in life. Last time I succeeded (4 years ago I stopped completly) I got new hobbies, got a gf, ... It's true these shouldn't be your main goals, but I like to think better things kinda come along the way eventually when you're getting better.

Stp890 likes this.
  8. I had depression for about 12 years. I still have withdrawel symptoms, but i just continue to feel better.
    Nofap is the best and only medicine for me to reach a healthy and happy life without depression

Maxxx and Stp890 like this.
  9. Tombrady234567

Tombrady234567 Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing your pain, that is very courageous and strong of you. Just hang in there, just for today. And little by little you will emerge on the other side. Just like a muscle that you work out, your brain will each day heal a little more when you abstain. And even if you do watch P don't beat yourself up, just get back on track and keep adding good days. We will be here for you should you ever need comfort, strength or advice. Keep up the good fight, mate!

Stp890 likes this.