1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I delete my Insta Account and data associated with it?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Scissaro, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Scissaro

Scissaro New Fapstronaut

Hey guys!

Seriously it is very much annoying to know that your data is being sold and used by millions of companies just to target you with their advertisements.

I have deactivated my account, I also knew my data that is being used had so many private conversations, and I’m feeling sick now.

I have deactivated it but don’t know that following these steps and procedures will definitely remove my whole data from the internet or not? However I followed these steps but did not whether it will help me delete my account or not, as more or less every guide shows the same steps https://www.purevpn.com/internet-privacy/how-to-delete-instagram-account

In knowing that after deactivation, I can log back in any time, it means my data is still there when deactivated, so the chances are that when I delete my whole account my data will still be there.

Because a security researcher has discovered a massive cache of data for millions of Instagram accounts, publicly accessible for everyone to see. The account included sensitive information that would be useful to cyberstalkers, among others. As per study that I have read

Reference to the news https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/20/instagram-influencer-celebrity-accounts-scraped/

Due to such news I am much more concerned with the data that I post/we post online, so are there any ways around to remove it.

Like I want to delete my Instagram account and facebook account too, however I have deactivated them for the time, till I get the proper solution to this.

Your thoughts?

2. There is a permanent delete option. It is in the instagram website.

Coffee Candy and Deleted Account like this.
  3. You can permanently delete both. I did. Just do a google search and you are good to go.

4. I kind of doubt permanently deleting your account will retroactively make them not have your personal information anymore. If they already have it, I don't think there's anything you can do. They wouldn't be able to get any more of it if you delete your account, but they still already have whatever they already have.

But I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I think most people who have your data just want to sell you stuff. It's not like they're going to use it to harm you or something. They're just using it to send you targeted ads. Which isn't all bad, really. I would rather see ads for products I might actually find useful and want to use than stuff I have no interest in, personally. Maybe you'll discover something useful.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't worry about it that much.