1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cardio and weightlifting

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by changinguser, Jun 1, 2018.

1. changinguser

changinguser Fapstronaut

Hello

I am interested in incorporating more weight lifting into my routine. But I also want to keep some cardio routines in my activities. So I thought about dedicating sometime during the noon for weightlifting and some in the afternoon for cardio. But I have the question, is there a way in which this idea may make lose muscle or create risks of not getting any actual progress? What are your ideas and suggestions? Also, what should I do with my diet? I was thinking about using complex carbs during breakfast and lunch and get the rest of my carbs for the rest of the day from fruits and vegetables. But again, I’m still new to weightlifting so I would appreciate any feedback or comments.

2. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Hi.

I can't help, but I would say that I am interested to hear the suggestions as well.

I have been doing both for years now, and have always struggled to balance the two. I am in reasonably good shape, but I realize I could do better. I like running more for mental/stress relief reasons, but I'd like to put on more muscle mass and develop upper body strength.

3. __zeXon__

__zeXon__ Fapstronaut

Start doing calisthenics. I train it 4 years. It builds muscle while it also burns bodyfat.

LEPAGE likes this.
  4. Scaffolding

Scaffolding Fapstronaut

Hello,

(Sorry for my english)

I think that doing two sport sessions the same day is not a problem, as long as your cardio training does not use the same muscular groups as your noon workout. The only thing you have to know is that you need to leave the muscular groups you trained at least 48 hours to rest if you want them to recover properly and so gain some bulk.

Other point about your diet, the way you want to do it is really fine (complex carbs till noon and then fruits and vegetables), just try to eat ~40-50g of protein in the hour that follows your weightlifting, and try also to have a total amount of protein per day at least equal to 1.3g by kilograms of bodyweight (for example, if I weight 70 kilograms I'll need at least 70*1.3=91g of protein per day; I let you do the conversion if needed).
    Naturally, if you do more exercise and want to build muscle, you also have to ingest more calories per day. Otherwise you'll lose weight !

I'm neigher an athlete nor a health professional but if you have more questions I'll try to answer as best as I can !

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018