1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Career in helping addicts (without psychology) ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by MikeyRamirez, Jun 17, 2021.

1. MikeyRamirez

MikeyRamirez Fapstronaut

Hey, So I've finally found something i am genuinely interested in and would like to forge a career in it. I consider addiction of all kinds to be a major issue the mankind is dealing presently with. I would find it meaningful to contribute my time and energy in that area.
    However, a road block is I have already graduated in Biology. Most popular career in this area, for instance in a Rehab, is of psychologist /psychiatrist. Could you help me by suggesting some options of some course i can do, or maybe some jobs i simply don't know about in the related sector which I can still pursue?

2. Dave G 123

Dave G 123 Fapstronaut

Surely a post-grad in psychology would still be an option?

Or, using your biology degree become research scientist looking at effects of addiction on the body?

3. Do you mean without a psych degree or without using psychology? In other words are you interested in counseling at all?

4. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Become a personal trainer. A vigorous physical activity can really change someone's life

5. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

Psychology? That would be a downgrade. Grab a PhD in neuroscience.