1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Careful with stimulants + another meditation technique || NoFap-Tips 9-1-2021

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Stichting, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Stichting

Stichting Fapstronaut

You may have experienced days with urges during the whole day, and days with way less or none. Or patterns of multiple high urge days and low ones.

Some substances keep it all the time high. I have gone a week without stimulants including caffeine, 60% reduce of both mental and physical urges. But this may be me not being used to the new low amount and the urges slowly returning to normal after more time of abstinence of the stimulants.

Pretty much the same goes for taking the same amount regularly, no increase or decrease in side effects. Unless it's something very unhealthy like amphetamine or coke, then the bad effects build up.

So with the more accepted everyday stimulants the best option to me looks like having a regular pattern, and no sudden high intakes. The dopamine and adrenaline or norepinephrine (I'm not sure) go into overdrive.

On the other side, you may deliberately want sometimes to only take it once a while, or higher dose than you're used to, or other stronger things for the reason of noticeable effects like performance. That's very understandable, but for the benefit of semen retention management I'm only advicing to be careful with that since it is hard to careful control large unexpected amounts of energy flowing during semen retention.

When you're doing the above, be sure to circulate the energy enough by meditating or putting it into some effort of an activity like exercising.

Something I've experienced over the years, quite related to meditation but simpler. I usually don't deliberately do totally nothing satisfying for hours during the day, but sometimes, like the past 5 days or so, I was forced to (mainly because of myself).

That made me learn something interesting with regards to emptying yourself from troubling thoughts and sensations, including urges and difficulty stopping fantasising about women.

In those past days I didn't have much at mind and I was expecting a delivery that should have been there at the first day. So I was waiting all the while and looking out the window hoping to see it coming into view, on that way I was doing nothing satisfying for a great amount of time.

I think the same principle of clearing and resetting your mind and body from meditation is at play here, with the main difference the absence of some sitting position and breathing patterns. Just sitting, standing, or pacing in your room or other quiet place for a decent time and doing nothing.

I’m not advocating to make 3 days free once a while, just sharing the experience. But I would suggest trying only once or twice for maybe half an hour, one, or twice is definitely worth it.

FezMan76 likes this.