1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Caring less about things...

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jun 11, 2019.

1. It's going on 4 days in my streak. I'm actually starting to care less about finding somebody. I believe I am becoming more upset,my luck, mojo is off by allot. Woman don't approach me in real life and on social media woman tend to not respond to me. This is a loneliness problem for me because I'm not sure what to think anymore. Maybe my luck has run out? I'm afraid this might lead back to another relapse since my emotions come back up.

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Yes, this is the reason I started NoFap in the first place before I knew it existed. With time you will start to be "okay" with the idea of being alone, and after more time than that you will see that it doesn't have to be that way and will want to become a better you to find someone.

3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Why would you expect women to approach you?

As for messaging random women on social media... it takes little to no effort / risk / skill to message someone and it's easily ignored because of it.

In other words, you're not really doing much at all in terms of meeting women or people in general.

You're not going to make any positive changes in your life if you try to escape every time you FEEL bad. That negative feeling is telling you to do something about that aspect of your life and escaping it means that you won't be solving that problem.

If you want to stay comfortable and FEEL good, go ahead and relapse, but you can't blame anything other than yourself. It's your choice. Stay with the problem and change into a person that can solve it or escape it and continue this cycle for another 5 years.

4. Honestly, I hope you realize being cut free from wanting a relationship is actually pretty good- in that you don't have to deal with the stresses of being alone nearly as badly.

5. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Your want for a relationship comes from lacking something within you, a vacuum of sorts (likely emotional). This is a romantic view that two people, a man and a woman, complete each other, but it's a very unrealistic view.

What you want to achieve is to find completeness in yourself, to fulfill the need for appreciation, care and attention through your own actions. This is a more classical view, in which men and women make compromises to live together. This is a healthier, more realistic view.

Once you will fulfill those needs by yourself, you will notice that you'll be less afraid to be vulnerable around women (quite the contrary) and that women are more likely to be interested in you. They don't want you as a child to care for, they want to have their own children. So your first goal is to have an honest discussion with the child inside you and give him the care and attention he did not receive so far.

OnTheEdge likes this.