1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Carnivore Diet Day 7

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by BruceD, Jun 13, 2022.

1. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I have been on the carnivore diet for about a week now. For those who are not familiar, it is a basically all meat diet (steak, fish, eggs) with some room for dairy depending on the individual. So you could say a few steps beyond the keto diet.

I have to say I feel overall much better. My urges have went WAY down, although still there. More like on a simmer than full boil. What is interesting is that I found myself relapsing more out of boredom than urges. So I have to make a plan to get very busy/leave the house at those points.

My plan is to give it 30 days and re-assess. If I decide to re-introduce carbohydrates it will be very slow and methodical, as they advise. I do plan on having a cheat slice of birthday cake this week, so I have to watch out for that. Will keep you posted, but is seems to help a bunch.

2. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

I hope you finish the month as intended, I'm very interested in your results, make sure to keep note of everything, from mood, energy leveles to skin quality.

BruceD and Pentatonic like this.
  3. I'll follow too. I'm quite curious on what happens for you.

BruceD likes this.
  4. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Unless a real health emergency I do plan on doing 30 days with the option to continue. I feel overall a better mood. Have you done it?

5. I've been doing the Carnivore diet for a year and a half now (Keto for 6 months before that), with four cheat weeks spread out.

The results are incredible, but I found it took a good 6 months before I noticed those results, as my body was basically flushing out toxins through my skin, and adjusting to not using glycogen as its main fuel source. Also took a long time to stop being so constipated.

30 days is a good amount to reset your body (insulin levels, cravings, mood). Doing it longer is advisable if you want more tangible results.

BruceD and Pentatonic like this.
  6. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Apologies for my delayed post. I got back on the wagon with the carnivore after my birthday cheat day which turned into about 4 days! Wow those carbs can pull you in. So my first day back was Tuesday and already feel the difference. I am probably doing what I came across called "relaxed carnivore". To not completely deprive myself, I plan on a cheat meal (not a day) twice a week. And absolutely no candy/ice cream/desserts. Perhaps movie popcorn or a medium order of fries. However, I need to really make it a full week or so and go the 30 days.

As for urges, they have still went WAY down. Mind you, still there, but like I said earlier in my other post, on a simmer. What I have to watch out for is boredom/loneliness to creep in. Funny how those emotions can dovetail huh. Will keep you all posted.

Pentatonic likes this.
  7. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Almost a full week back on carnivore. I did slip but there was NO chaser effect at all. Not optimal but interesting. Dusting myself off and starting again!

Pentatonic and Lucifer. like this.