1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cars

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ghost in the Shell, Sep 20, 2020.

Favorite car brand

1. Toyota

2. Mercedes-Benz

3. BMW

4. Tesla

5. Ford

6. Honda

7. Nissan

8. Audi

9. Volkswagen

10. Porsche

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Recently had and lost my 2016 SRT Charger in a hit and run; that was a fun car. I'm currently driving my 79 Bronco. As for cars I want, well, there are just too many to list. :) I will say though that driving a classic-ish car has made me fall in love with the simplicity of no navigation screens, computers, or other expensive features.

Reborn16 and WOODROW like this.
  2. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

This car has a carberator! If I had this car I would pump has pedel 15 times or more and turn the key. The sound of the stalled engine ---i love it.

H D M O F likes this.
  3. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

I h
    I have a friend in Lancaster pa. Hopefully I can find something like what you have. A nice simple vehicle without sensors and gadgets.

H D M O F likes this.
  4. CharlieWex

CharlieWex Fapstronaut

The future is 100% electric motors

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  5. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

Did you try it? I think you are doing it right now on this sunny day. Nice way to spend an afternoon.

6. Archangel01

Archangel01 Fapstronaut

I love the classics. There are some nice newer cars, but in my opinion they lack character. And everything with an electric engine is just a transport vehicle but nothing you can connect to.
    I used to have a 66 Mustang which was by far the best car I have ever had and also two BMW E30 that were awesome.
    I also had a Cherokee XJ which was really fun to drive.
    If I had to choose the best modern car I'd choose a Dodge Challenger. That's the only car where thy have managed to combine the sexiness of 60s 70s Muscle Cars with people's requirements to a car today.

Reborn16 and WOODROW like this.
  7. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

I sure would like to take a drive in your car today...nice day to be out on the road Archangel! Can you tell me more abt your Cherokee?

8. Archangel01

Archangel01 Fapstronaut

I think it was model year 96. It was one of the last models before the facelift came out, still with the edgier dashboard and the old taillights. It was olive-green and I had put a big US-Army star on both front doors.
    It was a 4 cylinder diesel engine and I tell you this engine is fuckin crap. They used to put these engines in boats where the ventilation is way better, and in the car it overheats permanently which leads to the cylinder heads busting every 100k miles.
    I knew that, I likely will have to fix them soon, but I was so unlucky, that they blew up when I was driving home from where I bought it.
    It was already getting dark and I couldn't use the highway because I couldn't go faster than 40mph so I had to drive through the mountains.
    This bitch was permanently overheating and binge drinking the cooling water so that I had to permanently refill it. I had to stop every few miles and ask at random houses if I can have some water. Finally a nice old lady gathered all plastic bottler she had in her house and I had enough water to reach my home.

I then fixed everything and had a fun time with it. It's not fast but there's no hill steep enough that you can't climb it.
    About 2 years ago I sold it to an older lady who was a truck driver.

9. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

Good day!! Anything new with you? How is the driving coming along ?

10. WOODROW

WOODROW Fapstronaut

Hi everyone! I would like to hear from someone today. It is s nice day..I will take my Jeep to Great Kills park staten island ny..any ideas of what I can do ?

11. mouton1998

mouton1998 Fapstronaut

Unfortunately in the poll there's no sign of Lancia, my favourite Italian car brand... it was a powerhouse in the game of Rally during 70s, 80s and 90s....
    However, I've chosen Audi because of Audi Quattro Sport, the only car I would trade with Lancias!

IbrahimViking likes this.
  12. IbrahimViking

IbrahimViking Fapstronaut

I want to own the latest Toyota RAV 4 hybrid. She's my baby and we're made for each other:oops:. Forest green color:rolleyes:.
    One day, I'm sure.

13. Daryn

Daryn Fapstronaut

black chevy camaro 2010 is the dream car

14. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Ford Escape - I needed the back hutch space for a disassemble sports wheelchair, and the Toyota Matrix went off the market, and other new-model Toyota hatches were abysmal. I also didn't want a huge ass SUV from any dealer.

15. Changeforthebest

Changeforthebest Fapstronaut

I’d love to own a Camaro ZL1. What do your guys think of that car

16. I hold Skoda near to my heart, but honestly I prefer scooters or just walking

17. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Agreed, less things to fix, less things to distract!

H D M O F likes this.
  18. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I spent the best part of a decade driving ZJ Grand Cherokee Jeeps, and I honestly want to get another one. The combination of plush 90s ride and capable solid axle/low range 4x4 was fun. But it would be a side vehicle now, because damn do they like a drink!

My current ride is a 2000 AU series Ford Falcon XR6. Ford Australia stayed with the Falcon, developed the inline-6 engine for decades, and my model was the first to feature independent rear suspension and variable overhead cam. Tickford Vehicle Engineering - Wikipedia

As for a dream car, it would have to be something 911 with a manual. Anything from the 60s up until 2010. Before electric steering and all the extra gizmos (although the new ones are getting pretty damn good again).

What to look for? Rust, crash repairs, engine sludge. The rest can be forgiven if it's a good model.

Where to get reviews? I really enjoy savagegeese on youtube, great overview of new cars and some old ones too!

I believe diesel will get phased out for private soon (the health impact is terrible), petrol cars will live on but I expect a tax will keep most as weekend toys, and electric will take care of the rest.

19. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I'm in the market for a truck.