1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholic / Orthodox Fapstronauts

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Introibo

Introibo Fapstronaut

Check this video out brother:

2. Introibo

Introibo Fapstronaut

Get on to a scrict schedule, unless for a nessesary reason you can't one night, pick a time to go to bed, and to wake up. Same time every night. 9, 10, 11...NO LATER unless you really really really have to! The best success I've had is when I stuck to the same time everynight and every morning. When I laxxed, it effected my self control, and eventually even if indirectly I fell into the sin son of self abuse. Choose times to pray, and do it every day. As a start say the rosary every day, and Say the three hail Marys for purity. 3 times in the morning after you wake up, 3 times before you go to bed.

Sursum Corda and Phong like this.
  3. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

Opening Prayer:

O holy Saint Augustine, who has famously declared that “Our hearts were made for you, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in you.”, aid me in my own search for our Lord that through your intercession I may be granted the wisdom to determine the purpose God has planned for me. Pray that I be blessed with the courage to follow God’s will even at times when I do not understand. Ask our Lord to lead me to a life worthy of His love, that I may one day share the riches of His kingdom. Petition our Lord and Savior to ease the burden of my problems and grant my special intention, and I will honor you all of my days.

Day Seven:

Glorious Saint Augustine, in your compassion, wisdom and grace, all who seek your aid do not leave empty handed. In this time of extreme anxiety, I entrust my present predicament to the power of your kind intercession. May you obtain for me the grace to have the special favor I ask for be granted. (State the nature of your problem or the special favor you seek)

Closing Prayers:

Glorious Saint Augustine I boldly ask for your intercession confident in your boundless wisdom and compassion. May this devotion lead me to a life dedicated to the fulfilling the will of God that I may one day be deemed worthy of sharing His Kingdom with you and all the saints for all eternity.

Our Father…
    Hail Mary…
    Glory Be…

St. Augustine, Pray For Us!

Elemental Silver likes this.
  4. AllanTheCowboy

Opening Prayer:

O holy Saint Augustine, who has famously declared that “Our hearts were made for you, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in you.”, aid me in my own search for our Lord that through your intercession I may be granted the wisdom to determine the purpose God has planned for me. Pray that I be blessed with the courage to follow God’s will even at times when I do not understand. Ask our Lord to lead me to a life worthy of His love, that I may one day share the riches of His kingdom. Petition our Lord and Savior to ease the burden of my problems and grant my special intention, and I will honor you all of my days.

Day Eight:

Saint Augustine, God has tasked you with aiding people in distress even when the assistance they need requires you to perform miracles in His name. Refuse not my request for your kind intercession and obtain for me the special favor that I seek through this novena. (State the nature of your problem or the special favor you seek)

Closing Prayers:

Glorious Saint Augustine I boldly ask for your intercession confident in your boundless wisdom and compassion. May this devotion lead me to a life dedicated to the fulfilling the will of God that I may one day be deemed worthy of sharing His Kingdom with you and all the saints for all eternity.

Our Father…
    Hail Mary…
    Glory Be…

Phong likes this.
  5. AllanTheCowboy

Opening Prayer:

Day Nine:

Holy Saint Augustine, you have overcome great adversity to be revered as one of the greatest saints of our Church. In your wisdom and compassion, aid me in my own life quest to fulfill the destiny laid for me, that God may bless me with the strength, courage and wisdom to surrender my temporal concerns to His will. Intercede for me that my most pressing concerns be resolved and my petition granted. (State the nature of your problem or the special favor you seek)

Closing Prayers:

Our Father…
    Hail Mary…
    Glory Be…

Phong and The Blue Ocean like this.
  6. Traditionalist

Traditionalist Fapstronaut

If you don't mind, I'd like to post the prayers of the angelic warfare confraternity here:

Dear Jesus, I know that every perfect gift, and especially that of chastity, depends on the power of Your providence. Without You a mere creature can do nothing. Therefore, I beg you to defend by Your grace the chastity and purity of my body and soul. And if I have ever imagined or sensed anything that could stain my chastity and purity, blot it out, Supreme Lord of my powers, that I may advance with a pure heart in Your love and service, offering myself on the most pure altar of Your divinity all the days of my life. Amen.

The 15 Hail Marys for Purity and the Members of the Angelic Warfare Confraternity:
    1. For our social and cultural climate.
    2. For our relationships.
    3. For modesty in dress and movements.
    4. For our five senses.
    5. For our sensuality.
    6. For our imagination.
    7. For our memory.
    8. For our power of estimation.
    9. For our affectivity.
    10. For our intellect.
    11. For our will.
    12. For our conscience.
    13. For our hearts.
    14. For self-surrender.
    15. For love.

Closing Prayer
    Chosen lily of innocence, pure St. Thomas, who kept chaste the robe of baptism and became an angel in the flesh after being girded by two angels, I implore you to commend me to Jesus, the Spotless Lamb, and to Mary, the Queen of Virgins. Gentle protector of my purity, ask them that I, who wear the holy sign of your victory over the flesh, may also share your purity, and after imitating you on earth may at last come to be crowned with you among the angels. Amen.

7. Saskia

Saskia Guest

Please pray with me for our brother, Sursum Corda. Thank you for your charity x

8. addictswife

addictswife Fapstronaut

My husband and I are Catholic... and he recently admitted to doing things he is not proud of. I am still collecting information on the subject, and I feel more confused than anything else... Greetings to you all!

AndySky180 and AllanTheCowboy like this.
  9. AllanTheCowboy

If I may offer some advice, by way of my own regrets, if you aren't saying the rosary together regularly, I suggest starting.

10. 20juniorsaint18

20juniorsaint18 New Fapstronaut

I don't think they meant that the flesh itself is sinful, I believe they meant that PMO hurts the whole person. But it is not incorrect to say that after original sin was taken away by baptism humans still have concupiscence. To say that one isn't sinful or does not have concupiscence would be a grave error. Admitting one's own sinfulness is a grace of humility and prompts reliance on God, not necessarily barring oneself from improvement.

11. Phong

Phong Fapstronaut

Wishing brothers and sisters a Merry Christmas!!! :)

12. IGY

IGY Guest

No, that would be Jesus, or otherwise Solomon.

The Blue Ocean likes this.
  13. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here

- Matthew 12:42
    Merry Christmas!

The Blue Ocean and Phong like this.
  14. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Poor Solomon became corrupted with lust, and fell into idolatry (cf. 1 Kings 11, or 3 Kings 11 if you're a Douay man), turning him into a fool. No amount of wisdom (or riches, or power, or...), it seems, can make mortals invulnerable to temptation. Virtue is not easy, my friends! Stay humble, if you can!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  15. Hello fellow Christians! Just a public service announcement to let you know that a Roman Catholic group has been started. Our goal is to join together in Christ in order to fight PMO and become Saints one day. We will have regular group novenas, and we encourage members to post any and all things Catholic! Gob bless!

DeletedAccount123456 and Phong like this.
  16. Quite right! Here is a quote from Pope Leo XIII's encyclical Aeterni Patris (1879)
    "Let carefully selected teachers endeavor to implant the doctrine of Thomas Aquinas in the minds of students, and set forth clearly his solidity and excellence over others." (31)
    The entire document is worth reading (you can find it here). St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us!

DeletedAccount123456 likes this.
  17. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Weep by the waters of Babylon, my friends...

DayOne44 and Phong like this.
  18. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

I have heard it said that one cannot meet a pure soul who loves more than a repentant soul; ah! how I wish to give the lie to this statement!

St. Therese of Lisieux, Story of a Soul

19. AllanTheCowboy

Okay this may seem a little off the wall, but I would appreciate everyone's prayers daily for the rest of 2016, for Gordie Howe's intercession for my special intention.