1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholicism,Calvinism,Reformed Theology & Addiction Debate

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

Feel Good Cool Worship or Hymns and Hard Seats?

1. Feel Good Cool Worship?

25.0%
  2. Hymns and Hard Seats?

50.0%
  3. I don't even care!

25.0%
  1. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

A lot of people do things and most are not even aware. All of the top entertainers on tv literally promote pagan practices and gods daily. They are literally dressed as them and promote their teachings to the masses. Look at Beyonce with a crown on or a headress...she depicts the mother goddess. Same can be said for many stars of the past and now. That's not a coincidence. It's to conjure up this spirit of 'do what thou wilt' which is the philosophy that runs this society.

Look your argument about 'it must be true, she's a teacher' is an ad hominem. I wouldn't try and argue that way in real life, it won't get us anywhere.

The great lie was already done by Noah's son and mother/lover. That was done 1,000s of years ago.

2. The reason for why Christ is considered in the tomb for three days is because the Jews counted anytime spent in a day as being “a day”. They did not use the word day only to describe a 24 hour period. This means if you did 24 hours from
    12pm today to 12pm tomorrow, 24 hours, the Jews would considered it two days since it was part of one day and part of another.

Deleted Account and vxlccm like this.
  3. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

Well in 2 babaylons it says that IHS (the initials of Jesus's name in latin) are actually the intitals of Horus is is and seb.

You expect me to believe that you know how the Romans counted days just because some random guy on the internet who has no creditionals knows more than my Latin teacher who is probably one of the smartest people that I know

4. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

You did a much better job at explaining it

5. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

No there are plenty of teachers I don't trust

6. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

....so why in 2019 are we saying 3 days still?

7. We’re saying three days still because this is still correct according to the understanding of what a day meant back then. That’s a major problem today where people read an ancient text but do not considered how ancient life was like. Jews didn’t exactly have clocks that could count the hours and seconds. They couldn’t pin point exactly 24 hours so they had to call anytime spent in a day as being “a day”.

Deleted Account and _Catholic_ like this.
  8. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

Well because Jesus said I will destroy this temple and raise it up in three days we would have to rewrite the bible and the apsotles creed and the Nicene creed

9. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

No credentials? The man was a minister and a time parish school master. His father was a mason and elder to the relief church as well.

You expect me to believe the Roman's depiction of Christ when they used a gay man to draw up the Sistine Chapel? Why don't you ask your teacher why the Pope at the time asked for a gay male to draw the stories of the bible up? I would love to hear this rationalization. That right there is all I need to know that the roman catholic church really bastardized the actual teachings in the holy scriptures.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

source please? sundials go way back. These people built the pyramids. Men lived for 500-1,000 years back then. I feel as if you are underestimating your forefathers.

11. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

That's a ad hominum saying that just because he was gay means he did not know how to paint the Sistine chapel. He had creditiantals but not in Roman culture I wouldn't trust my mechanic to pull my teeth out

12. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

13. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

you cannot trust a non believer to draw what occurred. So you are right, you cannot trust a mechanic to pull out your teeth. You cannot trust a gay man to accurately depict what actually occurred either when it goes against their very beliefs.

14. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

Sundial only work when the suns out

15. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

Nor can I trust you to paint it either
    I never said it was accurate.

16. I don’t need a source for something that is common sense. No one said they didn’t have things like sundials. What is said is they could not accurately pin point an exact 24 hours. I’m not underestimating anything; these people had tools and those tools worked great, however, those tools had limitations which they had to account for, hence why the called anytime spent in a day as being “a day”.

_Catholic_ likes this.
  17. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

but yet the Pope at the time contracted him to do so. If you cannot trust your pope the entire religion is rightfully bs. Ishtar sounds a whole lot like Easter btw and now im being told 2=3 which is why it's okay for good friday to be the date of Jesus' death and 2 days later is now the time in which he resurrected. Christmas is celebrated on the winter solstice which is a sun holiday. Why do catholics celebrate these holidays on pagan days of worship and with literally the names of pagan gods? I wonder. Maybe bc the roman catholic church is just another offshoot of the babylonian mystery school system.

18. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

And I'm being told sundial work at night

19. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

2=3 is not really common sense in any sense of the word. And the name Easter has an eerily close resemblance to a goddess of all things whose name was Ishtar. Too many similarities; where there is smoke there's usually fires.

20. This analogy fails horribly since Michelangelo was an artist and commissioned to do what artists do! He wasn’t a mechanic pulling teeth. You are aware that when artists are commissioned for work that it’s not always in accordance with their beliefs, right? You do understand that commissioned artists do work up to the standards of the one who hired them, right? That’s how it works.