1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

celibacy

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by kumarach, Sep 27, 2021.

1. kumarach

kumarach Fapstronaut

after going through a lot of topsy-turvy things in my life regarding love relationships and breakups,i have decided to get on the path of celibacy.this is a very well thought of decision,not a compulsive one.and i do truly believe that what needs to be done is detachment, in general as a way of life.detachment as a way to cleanse myself,as a way to get better at the things i do,to give up certain instant pleasures,to constantly work on oneself so as to be the best version of one self.
    moreover regarding relationships as an idea.if we look at the relations that we have these days,any relation be a boss-employee, husband-wife, bf-gf, or for that matter ant two friends,most of them boil down to the fact that they exist because of profit(most of them)yess and that's a sad part,most of us build relations to have profits not support,which as a thing in itself is unhealthy as it causes a person to look at another as a an area of investment rather than a bundle of feelings,thoughts,emotions,experiences and problems that we are and constantly try to discover ourselves each day.

relations these days focus less on attachment and more on 'getting it done',things are seen more as a deal and not as a way of collective participation.this is what really led me to this conclusion.people looking for love and affection are exploited due to their timid position and so very desperate mindset.everybody needs love,and yes at some point of time we all do feel the lack of it in our lifetimes.but the concept of love these days has drifted a long way from what it actually is.say the word love and people start imagining a couple,rather than attachment and affection LOVE THESE DAYS focuses more on things like bodily contacts and sexual exchanges that occur between two people. there have been points in my life when i had been attached to a person and have forgotten my ultimate aim of refining myself daily and striving to be a better version of myself on a daily basis. It has always led to misery.anything or any relation that stunts your growth is not love,it's either lust or just false attachment.

therefore,i give up on love and affection for now,for a substantial amount of time at least. Till the time i feel myself again. Till i feel happy with myself again.
    as Osho said-
    A HAPPY MAN WILL GIVE U IMMENSE JOY AND BLISS WHEREAS A SAD PERSON HAS NOTHING TO OFFER YOU,OTHER THAN SORROW AND SADNESS.

2. nfpexperiment

nfpexperiment Fapstronaut

Christianity and I suppose most religions advice us to only have sex in marriage, in marriage you have decided to take care of eachother. To be able to get married ussually one most have some maturity, financial independance.

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  3. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Blaming on other people the fact that you had bad relationship experiences is not going to solve the problem.
    You choosed bad people to be in a relationship, that's on you. Maybe you also wasn't the best relationship person to be in so your SO decided that she/he wasn't into you anymore and ended the relationship. That's also on you. The only way to have better relationship experiences is to work on yourselve to figure out why they turn in to crap. Quitting for a while in hopes that it will change in the future is delutional, if you don't change, your relationships are stilll going to be crap in the future. Take responsability for your failures, and work to get better results in the future.

4. kumarach

kumarach Fapstronaut

1. well first things first,the language you have used to express your disinterest and displeasure is very crude and uncouth.nothing personal,but as a person on nofap i would really love to see you work on that aspect of yourself.
    2. my relationships were bad not because i choose wrong people but because they cheated on me while putting a very good mask of being a good person
    3. celibacy is something that i have been exploring and reading about since quite some time now and am fascinated by the idea of energy direction.
    4. about me,don't jump to conclusions that i wasn't the best person to be in a relationship with or for that matter even about the other person,as you don't know me or any of my personal experiences from my point of view.
    5. i am quitting PRECISELY BECAUSE I WANT TO WORK ON MYSELF. for that period of time and come out a better stronger person on the other end who does not attach oneself a lot to love with another being but to oneself and a person who gives importance to personal growth other than anything because that is what really matters at the end of the day.
    i hope you understand,regards.

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  5. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Celibacy is a wonderful path, but being with a good girl it's also a great experience.

Don't base your life or choosing celibacy out of a conclusion that relationships are not good. Celibacy is a great elevating spiritual or philosophical path in itself.

6. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Also what the hell this thread has to do with dating during a reeboot?

Is your girl's name celibacy? I'm joking btw. I think this belongs more in the abstinence and sexual sublimation forum.