1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Certain tradition from where I come from

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jun 13, 2019.

1. You know? Long time ago where I come from a boy would be tested by his father to see if he "was a male" and not a faggot (literal). The father would do this by getting his virgin son to copulate with a paid prostitue and see if his son would get to do it; if the son wouldn't, the father would think that his son was a faggot and would disown him in some cases, but if the son would, he would be seen as a man by his father and related people. Though this isn't done nowadays as much as before.

What do you think of this?

2. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

This is a tradition from Brazil...

3. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

In my view this is wrong as hell. You can't qualify a man from his virginity!

onceaking likes this.
  4. It may be from Brazil, but also in certain areas of Colombia it was seen also.

It wasn't so much the virginity, but the carnal act that defined everything; if the man wouldn't do the act that would mean he was a "faggot" and not a real man. As before a man actually was on earth in part to have children being able to copulate with a woman was a test of the man liking woman enough to copulate.

CodeTalker and wheelgauge like this.
  5. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

I think a lot of human customs reflect how primative people still are. The problem on the family unit level is the parents are the elders and they are assumed to be the authority, when there's a lot of ignorance and frankly animal instinct driven behavior. Such individuals are in no position to be any kind of mentor.

6. Seems ironic that the “test” of a man’s masculinity is to fold under peer pressure because he’s worried about what others will think of him.

7. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

Yeah, but unfortunately here in south america this is quite common...

8. That's very sad.

I don't want to open up too much of q can of worms here, but I'm curious what people in countries like that think of privileged American gay people claiming to be so oppressed in a society in which they are allowed all the same rights as any other citizen, including the right to marry someone if the same sex. It makes me angry, personally, and it seems like a slap in the face to people in your situation. How do you feel about that? Does it annoy you at all to hear people whining about being oppressed in America, when people in your country are facing actual oppression?

9. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Screenshot_20190630-222101_1.jpg

So in Colombia you have to have sex to prove you're not a meatball?

You probably are... I fear what's going to be said next in this thread. I expect it'll next locked in a few days time.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Well, I was just asking a genuine question. So if people decide to go crazy about it and get the thread locked, that's not my problem.

11. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

Well, frankly it annoys me a bit. I mean, it's not that bad when you're used to it... But the problem is that, in the long run, some people feel bad about themselves due to the fact that they're not in a relationship...

12. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Sounds like AIDS to me. Both cultural and literal AIDS.

13. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I can answer your question. I've seen how most of my fellow braindead compatriots of [No] show interest in petty first-world drama so they can feel like part of the first-world themselves in some way, and then they complain about [No] being terrible.

14. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I'm surprised you didn't reference them in your post... I actually once heard of a British guy who went over to America and asked one of the hotels staff if he was allowed to smoke his fags in the building. The member of staff he asked freaked out.

15. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

There was that lesbian couple who got beaten up in London because they refused to kiss some guys. The woman said she took the photo because she was fed up of being continuingly attacked and nothing being done about it. Apparently it's far more common than what's reported.

16. I disagree, but I'm not going to argue about it. I just wanted to know from someone who actually lives in that other country, because it's rare that I get a chance to talk to someone in that position.