1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Chaser effect?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Mar 5, 2021.

1. I just learned this but every time I’m doing nofap get better & then get with a girl I get the chaser effect & pmo & stuck in the cycle. I didn’t know it was called the chaser effect.

How does the chaser effect work on your mind after s? How can I prevent it What can I do to manage better?

PrioritySystem likes this.
  2. In short, having an orgasm makes you crave another orgasm. It's like your mind says, that was nice, let's have another. A little different than drugs and other addictions, after having that orgasm it might be a few hours or even days before the craving for another kicks in.

How to manage it? Avoiding orgasms is one possibility.
    Another is "self-knowledge" - after having an orgasm, know that you will need to be extra vigilant, especially in the first 5 days after that orgasm.
    In time, the chaser effect may become a little less intense, or you may find yourself craving sex again rather than PMO. Even after a few years of this, I still crave MO after having an O from sex.

heavylifting and bradmax like this.
  3. Wave tamer

Wave tamer Fapstronaut

I deal with this by just having sex again or just mo to fantasy. Surely that’s ok?

EdgingAddict likes this.
  4. And some smokers deal with the symptoms of withdrawal by smoking until they die (and some live a long time). It's a free world, man. MO all you want ;)

5. Lovelife247

Lovelife247 Fapstronaut

Only if you’re ok with it?