Chat app cyber sex and catfishing

Discussion in 'Problematic Sexual Behavior' started by GeorgeJetson, Sep 16, 2018.

1. I was never a catfisher but chat rooms were a BIG part of my addiction.

In some ways it can be harder to quit chat rooms than P. It's easier to rationalise your way into a chat room, whereas with P it's more obvious that you're acting like an idiot.

In other ways it's a very similar addiction to P.

I'm not always a great writer lol. I'll copy and paste something I wrote recently in my journal. If anyone wants more detail or for me to clarify anything, please let me know.

"What strategy have I been following? Something like this.

1. Watch your thoughts. Recognise urges, rationalisations, "dangerous" thoughts (because they could lead to PMO, even if they seem fairly innocent at first) and so on, and do something about them. Question them, think critically about them, or just say to yourself, "This is a dangerous thought so I'm going to stop thinking about it". Maybe start doing something else instead.

2. Avoid "People, places, things". I'm very cautious about what influences come my way. I've stopped emailing a couple of people. First I kind of told them the story (vaguely) and warned them not to mention certain things etc. but they didn't seem to listen. So I've stopped contacting them.

Also I'm pretty zealous when it comes to avoiding P-subs and the like.

3. Be good to yourself. This is more of a work in progress. Learn to self-soothe, relax, enjoy simple things, whatever it takes really. Don't beat yourself up!"

JoshuaShea likes this.
  2. JoshuaShea

JoshuaShea New Fapstronaut

It's really nice to read this to start my day, thanks. It is sometimes hard to tell if I'm doing any good when I give a random podcast interview or post something else on my site. If anybody else is interested in reading it, it's available through Amazon or my website.

3. JoshuaShea

JoshuaShea New Fapstronaut

That's a great line. I was able to rationalize it to myself because it got to the point there was never any M when I was in chat rooms. P and M always went together, so if there was not M, my activities couldn't be P, right? How wrong I was.

Deleted Account likes this.