1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Chatting to Females

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Nigel19841984, May 22, 2017.

1. Nigel19841984

Nigel19841984 Fapstronaut

Although I am 32 i'm still very shy around females and I am going on a bit of a big night out with some friends next week. There will be opportunities to talk to females at clubs and pubs and so far I haven't really taken these opportunities up in the past. I feel it's because i'm not prepared mentally, has anyone got any tips to overcome this fear?

Cheers,

Nigel

2. Nigel19841984 likes this.
  3. Nigel19841984

Cheers, yeah my anxiety with females is baffling to me because i'm confident around males and even females i'm not attracted to. But put a female i'm attracted to near me and I freak out.

4. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I don't think there is much that can be prepared. If you prepare yourself at home you will just come off as inspontaneous and artificial. You just have to gather experience, which starts with jumping into the cold water. The good thing is there is not much to be scared of either. What's the worst thing that could happen? You won't have anything to lose with that woman, so even if you get rejected there should be no problem in just shrugging it off. The worst thing would be that you behave like a stalker or creep and your friends notice it. But I don't believe that will happen. The best advice would probably be: Just talk to her like you would talk to a woman you don't feel attracted to! If you don't know her, how can you judge if she would be good for you in the first place? Love at first sight might exist, but it's more the exception rather than the rule. Just take your attraction and turn it into sympathy and sincere interest in the person in front of you. Listen to what she says. Then, after getting to know her a bit, you may decide how attracted you feel towards her, but don't jump to quick conclusions! Don't make such a difference between women (or people in general) you like and the ones you don't like.

This video just came to my mind. Have watched it a while ago, but it contained good advice as far as I remember:

5. Nigel19841984

Ace advice, thanks! :)

6. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Just go for it. You might fall on your face the first few times but if you keep at it eventually you will make some connections.

Created New and Nigel19841984 like this.
  7. Nigel19841984

That's great advice. In a weird way i'm looking forward to falling on my face, it means i'm finally living life rather than being cocooned with shyness.

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.
  8. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

To start, don't call them females. They're women. This isn't a lab and you aren't writing a report, so call them women. :)

You are also not alone in going speechless around attractive women. It has actually been proven as a real phenomenon!

And like Runtilmylegsdropoff said, go and make mistakes. Practice makes perfect, right? The practice mindset really helps take the pressure off - there is no failure, only things you can learn from later. Have fun with it, fall on your face, totally bomb even! Then sit back and think, ok - what happened here, where can I do better?

From my experience, opinion questions and open-ended questions about themselves get people talking (use the word "what"). You could even try, "Hi, I am practicing talking to intelligent women such as yourself, what advice could you give me?" and see where it goes.

Nigel19841984 likes this.
  9. Nigel19841984

cheers for the advice, i like the open ended question idea :)

10. RedPillRebooter

RedPillRebooter Fapstronaut

There is nothing anyone can say. It comes from experience.

I would cancel the date. Just go to the bars drink a little and start talking to the ugliest girls there. They'll respond well and then you can work your way up the castle.

11. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Don't have any pre-determined expectations. Some of the best times I met women was when I wasn't really looking to. A gal bought me a drink at a bar and she said she did it because I looked so happy and wanted to meet me.

12. Nigel19841984

Great advice everyone. I chatted to a few women without having a pre determined expectations, i even kissed one! The night was a success, i'm glad I posted the topic :)

13. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Hahahahaha Awesome!

Nigel19841984 likes this.