Check Out Our Catholicism, Calvinism, Reformed Theology & Anything Debate

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. Yes you have it right Brother!

2. LavaMe

LavaMe Fapstronaut

Do I? I mean what role did I play in it? :)

3. you were predestined to explain your points effectively

4. LavaMe

LavaMe Fapstronaut

But did I play any part in this? Did I make a free choice to do this?

5. yes of course you have free will but not to the extent you can choose God, animals have free will and can not choose God. see god cant sit in heaven and say to himself....gee i wish that person was good enough to choose me im really let down, its too bad jesus went and died but it didnt work for some people. oh well im god but i dont always get what i want,....hey wait a minute ..im god and everything works to my glory..i am gloryfied when people are judged to damnation!

6. LavaMe

LavaMe Fapstronaut

So I can choose what to eat for lunch, but I can’t choose if I believe in God? Can I choose to act contrary to God’s will?

God gets what He wants by sending people to Hell? That is what He wants?

7. Yes brother we all deserve hell but god in his grace chooses to save some of us. You can choose to eat but you can not choose god were not good enough. and yes everything even your sin glorifys god.

8. "There is no work, however vile or sordid, that does not glisten before God." - John Calvin

9. is god pleased when we suffer and die? was god pleased when Jesus suffered and died?

10. RPN

RPN Fapstronaut

I have two questions. Please let the original poster (OP) answer for themselves.
    @LavaMe may you please explain to me what you mean when you say "At the very least we have Adam and Eve before the fall."? I don't understand what this means.
    @Max Fisher Can you point out where Mr. McMarty talk about God predestining people? I read his post but I did not catch anything about God predestining people.

Thanks you two!

11. Unconditional Election:
    God does not base His election on anything He sees in the individual. He chooses the elect according to the kind intention of His will (Eph. 1:4-8; Rom. 9:11) without any consideration of merit within the individual. Nor does God look into the future to see who would pick Him. Also, as some are elected into salvation, others are not (Rom. 9:15, 21).

12. miXhal

miXhal Fapstronaut

@Mr. McMarty
    I will agree to that if everyone is elected and some just decline it. Rom. 9:15 cites Exodus 33:19, where God responds to Moses, who wants to see His glory. I would view that as a simple confirmation that He really gives mercy to whom He promised it. Besides, Rom. 9:14 (previous verse) asks whether is God unjust, so this is response to that question.
    9:21 states that He can do whatever He wants with us, which we know. That doesn´t say that someone isn´t "elected into salvation" - therefore the very existence of some people on this planet would be completely pointless.

Also, if the story about Noah´s ark is just figurative/made up, how about other stories in Genesis? How do we know which are literal and which not?

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. I wont have a problem with the existence of any people of the old test. Jesus even met with Moses and Elijah. For example, I think more of the exodus as a slower migration of people from Egypt to the highlands of cannon. Also there is archeological evidence to support a literal invasion of the promised land by Israel did not happen. The cities mentioned to be destroyed by Israel were either never destroyed or destroyed much later. I believe in every word of the bible. But we have to remember it is written "FOR US BUT NOT TO US" it was written to the people of its day. we wont always interpret it correctly. we must know the culture to understand the scripture.

14. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

What happens after death?

15. Great question, Do we cease to exist does our soul continue to live somewhere?

16. some would say Jesus Christ did miracles on earth to prove he had the power to give life after death. Can you believe that?

17. miXhal

miXhal Fapstronaut

Indeed. Plus better not read just on our own, I always pray to the Holy spirit to help me understand when I read the Bible.

I get that we need to find the "religious core" of any given story. It is not necessary to know whether it is literal or not. I just want to point out, that just as we can´t say it happened, we also can´t definitively say that it didn´t happen.
    Honestly, I find debates over those things pretty much pointless. Does it matter to know? What does it change for us, anyway? God is omnipotent, so anything from what is on the Bible indeed could have happened. Creation of everything in 6 days? He could do it in one milisecond, as well as billion years! But it is not there so we had another history book. It is there so that we could learn from it about God.

18. I agree that whether or not we are young earth or old earth It dosent matter and we wont know the full meaning of scripture until we are in heaven. God has given us enough knowledge to know jesus as our Lord and savior.

miXhal and Deleted Account like this.
  19. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

1. Question. No.
    2. Question. Yes and in the same time no.

20. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

I think if we die, we stop to exist.

Super Mike James likes this.