1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Checking in…

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Me_vsp

Me_vsp Fapstronaut

Hi everyone.
    I’m checking in here - the first time for such a long time.

I’ve not been doing very well at purity, truth be told. It’s something which is quite deeply engrained from my childhood years and is something I just can’t seem to overcome.

looking for accountability and spiritual support. I know that this struggle is as much a spiritual battle as it is a physics one, and I feel I’m failing.

thanks.

Pathfinder01, born3 and Auggie like this.
  2. born3 and Auggie like this.
  3. Hello @Me_vsp

Welcome to the group! You’re not alone in your struggle and we will be praying for you! Feel free to start a journal in the group section if you like.

Keep up the good fight.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2023
    born3 and Mara43 like this.
  4. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Welcome back. You can overcome it with Gods help.

Auggie and Mara43 like this.
  5. You came back! That was the movement of the Holy Spirit. Now, after coming back, what is the next step?

Mara43, CPilot and Auggie like this.
  6. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Great to have you back. You are amongst friends when you are here. We each have struggled with the sins against purity. We each have experienced the hopelessness that can come from repeated, serious sins. However, we also know the power of prayer and the healing grace it brings. Welcome! I look forward to being inspired by your thoughts and your struggle for freedom from this sin. I have found freedom from it and I can testify it is possible for all of us to obtain and it is sweet.

7. Life_of_Socrates_777

Life_of_Socrates_777 Fapstronaut

Is there something in particular that makes your struggle difficult? I know for me things started to change when I sought counseling. Learning more about the science behind addiction was a huge eye-opener. Then I became more attuned to the effects of trauma in my life. Because of this experience, I understand more clearly how human nature and grace cooperate to build us up.

CPilot likes this.