1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Choices

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

We have spiritual goals. Overcoming lust, pleasing God, helping others, etc. But before we can reach these goals it is helpful to pause, pray, and think about our choices before we make them. Example: An old favorite “risky” movie is on, or Jonny is having a bunch of perverted friends over and you are invited, or you have the opportunity to go somewhere where lust just might overwhelm you.

When we are being spiritual we decide we want to be filled with the Holy Spirit so that we can do God's will. But when we are in one of the three examples above we make the choice based on our own mood. Instead, pause and ask this question; which do I want more – increased joy for the month and a clean movie, or a risky movie? Which do I want more, the influence of Jonny's perverted friends, or should I reach out to new friends who will help me grow spiritually?

Next, pray about what or who is influencing you in these decisions. Pray: “Father, show me why I want to go to this risky place.” Many of us want to take it to the limit with borderline situations, places, or movies/TV. But God wants us to be pure, to be filled, to be vibrant so that we can shine Jesus' light everywhere in a very dark work.

I believe that God is wanting an exciting, fruitful life for all of us. But when we make risky choices (even if we don't fall) we have traded in God's best for...

Finally, when we have choices we should make them based on the Word of God and on intense prayer. The Bible says to “present your body a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable before God, which is your reasonable service.”

If we make choices based on this verse plus prayer, then God will give us an exciting, fruitful, overcoming life.