1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Christian advice for fathers wishing for a NoFap next generation

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Plutonium

Plutonium Fapstronaut

I am a father of a boy who seems to be entering the "Fap Zone." It seems only moments ago he was a small child so it's charging up on me like a fast moving train... :(

I am hoping to gain from the wisdom of the Christian members here on how best to help the next generation avoid the same destructive behaviors so well documented on this forum.

What practical advice do Christians have for guiding a young man through this roller-coaster period while avoiding the unintended consequences of alienating him or actually pushing him further down this path?

Thank you for any help...

Plutonium

(I'm a non-Christian increasingly sympathetic to Christian beliefs, culture and traditions)

2. I would suggest three things:
    1.Live the life that you would want him to model, be truthful in all things, treat others with kindness, pursue dreams, be courageous etc.
    2.Spend a lot of time together doing things that are fun and creative
    3.Encourage him to share his beliefs with you. Ask him questions like: Do you believe in a Creator? Why do you think you exist? What is the purpose of life? (As Christians, we believe the Bible is God's word and has answers to these questions. And it addresses sexual issues as well. Basically, sex is an awesome thing if it's kept within the boundaries of a loving committed relationship between a man and a woman.)