1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Christian Newbie

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by honorbear, Nov 14, 2015.

1. honorbear

honorbear New Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,

I've been doing PMO since July last year, and I really want to stop this, especially in the moments just after PMO. Been thinking about using this site for some while, but never had the courage to do so until just then. Hope I can get to meet some people and get an AP or two!

PMO or just MO has made me pretty miserable this past year, leaving me with a truckload of guilt, brain-fogginess and no enthusiasm for anything. I even avoid church sometimes due to the intense internal shame. I really feel myself to be, in the words of Calvin, crawling. Looking forward to crawl with others, and save our libido for our future partner, our energy for Christ.

Loverofwife and SuperTux like this.
  2. honorbear

I've been able to go hard mode for about 50 days twice, but relapsed eventually. Wish there was a quick cure, but again maybe the cure is patience and the ability to struggle and prevail consistently.

3. SuperTux

SuperTux Fapstronaut

Hi honorbear,
    welcome to a war of endurance. Some people say that for curing an addiction, you need the same amount of time to get out than the time you stayed in... One year, that's ok! So be prepared - and never loose hope!!! We can do it together! Dit you already get an accountability partner?

honorbear likes this.
  4. honorbear

I'm still finding one, already made a request to someone on the AP board.
    Still open to any one who's willing to become an AP.

I'm not sure whether its better to have one AP or several.
    I wonder if the significance of the AP will vary with numbers.
    (Do several APs give better results due to some feeling of teamwork?
    Or does it suffer from lack of attention for each individual?
    Or does it vary for other reasons etc)

5. Loverofwife

Loverofwife Fapstronaut

Hi, and welcome brother in Christ! I hope this place will help you as much as it has helped me.
    Some tips:
    - Commit 100% to quitting. No compromise. Do whatever has to be done. Stick to it no matter how often you fail. You will learn from your journey.
    - Start journaling daily. Be brutally honest. Get the filth out. What stays in your mind has power on you.
    - Forgive yourself and love yourself as God loves you.
    - Make a detailed plan for not relapsing. You can get inspiration from mine (in my journal, link beneath).
    - Take triggers seriously. Don't compromise with triggers.
    - Read journals. I recommend: @galaxim's: Galaxim's journal, @ronswanson: I Am A Fapstronaut, @Toven's: No More PMO after 20+ Years (Hard Mode) My journal, and feel free to read mine also: Love journal. I recommend you read Galaxim's first because in addition to his amazing wisdom, it's also like a referense work on all the greatest posts, journals and quotes on NoFap + more.

Hope this is helpful to you. Blessings!

galaxim, SuperTux and honorbear like this.