1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

CLEAN TV HELPS

Go to the Forum section.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

This post contains a list of clean TV shows and Christian ideas about quitting. If some of you like this post I will continue posting here.

We do things that cause darkness in our lives. A wrong focus on money causes darkness. Evil TV shows or movies bring darkness into our lives. And if the darkness gets too black we fall back to our main addiction and the destruction starts.

Someone commented to me about a recent article. He said, “I don't care about the destruction.” I have said those exact same words 1000 times. But that was the exact wrong thing to say even though I believed it. It was dead wrong because the destruction led to depression and the last thing I want is depression.

Don't say, “I don't care about the destruction.” God wants you to care about doing things His way. And His way leads to light and the beginning of joy in our lives. So take a line from the Lord's prayer and say instead, “I care that Your will be done.” Say, “I want to live a stable life and I want to begin to have some self-control.”

One of the biggest keys to quitting addiction is to take an article and to apply it to your life. Maybe your issue is not a love of money or sinful TV. You just aren't active enough. So you need to apply the article to your exact situation.

Think something like, if I am not active, darkness will enter my life (DWEML). If I don't forgive, darkness will enter my life (DWEML), if I stay angry, DWEML, if I don't connect with some good people, DWEML, If I don't focus on God's Word, DWEML. If I don't pray to love my wife more, DWEML. Take your top 2 issues and apply them to the article.

If you learn the skill of taking a good point about quitting and turning it into a great point for you. You will really make progress.

Today's prayer, “Father, take away my spirit of lust and show me what activities are pleasing to you.”

Lastly, some TV shows don't bring darkness into our lives. Here is a list of TV shows that Google says are Christian.

• The Chosen.

• Ties That Bind.

• Duck Dynasty.

• 7th Heaven.

• Sons Of Thunder.

• Tetelestai.

• The Bible.

Here is a list of shows on Netflix that momremade says are clean:

Highway to Heaven

• When Calls the Heart

• NCIS series (violence)

• Heartland

• Sweet Magnolias

• Land Girls

• Anne of Green Gables

• Anne With an “E”

• Gilmore Girls

• The Crown

• Fuller House

• Star Trek: The Next Generation

• Sister, Sister

• Crash Landing On You

• The Great British Baking Show

• Madam Secretary

• The West Wing

• Nailed It!

• Agents of Shield

• Pawn Stars

• Free Reign

I am not a mom, but if I was, I would have to check out there site. Here is a list of shows on Amazon Prime that momremade says are clean.

Making It

• Psych

• Green Acres

• Cedar Cove

• Andy Griffith

• Monk

• Bones

• Heartland

• River Monsters

• Star Trek: The Next Generation

• Jim Gaffigan (comedian)

• Myth Busters