1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Climate Change

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by splinter, Jan 18, 2019.

1. splinter

splinter Fapstronaut

why do people still believe in this? Climate Change is a big scam to take our money and make everything from gas to energy more expensive

its a mean of control

2. Well climate change technically is real. Throughout history there's warming and cooling periods, and right now we're in a warming period.

3. Many have fallen into this trap through brainwashing at school and in media and now are anxious.
    Where is all the tax money going to and why are still so many people suffering worldwide?

We're extremely lucky that God gave us another chance and made Donald Trump president to counter this very ugly progress. The gas prices started to remarkably fall and they will go down even more. Now, the corrupt people should be the anxious ones because some very bad things are going to happen to them on this earth very soon and the next if they do not repent.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2019
  4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

We should always be environmentally conscious. However, taxes and government control are a scam, while the Paris climate accord was nothing but virtue signaling.

Dimmed_haze and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Sorry guys but global warming is real and we’re the direct cause. Do you really believe we can pour endless amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere with zero consequences? I wish it wasn’t real but it is.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Trump is president because he secured enough electoral votes. It’s that simple.

Gas prices are low because there’s a huge amount of oil that’s already been produced. It’s all supply and demand.

7. @wantabetterlife
    You're wasting your time. The people who have posted in this thread are victims of the Dunning-Kruger epidemic of recent years. Today, reading an article or watching a video instantly makes you an expert on par with people who went through six or more semesters of a rigorous course.

8. Leon892000

Leon892000 Fapstronaut

Global warming is real.Did anyone watched the show "before the floods" on nat geo.Its gonna change your perspective.

9. What's the evidence that climate change is a scam?

10. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Fapstronaut

It is changing. Were in a period where the sun takes a break. Solar activity has a lot more climate effect on earth than Co2s caused by MANkind. And it goes in cycles...over and over and over. And theres nothing WE can do about it except except pratice not masterbating.

11. Coolyorky

Coolyorky Fapstronaut

12. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

13. Dimmed_haze

Dimmed_haze Fapstronaut

Haha, I thought of Varg aswell. Although I'm not a native European.

14. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Yes, all (whether left or right) should agree there's been climate change - that's scientific fact - the climate data shows this. It is not scientifically clear whether this is caused by man or the natural rhythms of nature and solar activity/flares. In the year 1000 AD, the earth experienced a very similar climate change (heights in overall temperatures like today's) - that is also on the scientific record. There was no industrialization or industrial revolution in 1000 AD, so we know that it wasn't caused by man. Why should one take a leap of faith in guessing that it's caused by man today? That's not empirical science in my view. A hypothesis, maybe; a theory, maybe, but not a fact, as yet.

15. This rambling nonsense isn’t even worthy of a response.

Wrong

16. Earth also goes through cooling periods. It's such a simple convo, but so complicated at the same time.

That all being said, man does pollute the earth pretty excessively and perhaps something should be done. But I wouldn't go so far in that

17. @JoeinMD Wait. Your last sentence. It is a theory, a popular one at that. A hypothesis is just a theory before an experiment, part of the scientific method. So it could be a hypothesis if an experiment was possible, but it's not really too possible. Last part is copl

18. I used to be dead set against global warming, but I'm 1) moving away from politics, 2) being more open minded. So is it possible? Yes. Is it plausible? Perhaps.

There's good arguments for both sides, but it's a theory for a reason. Same with the big bang theory (which I believe in btw). Also it's important noting, maybe we should allocate some money (or not cut it from the budget) for those environmental gov shit. This is the USA I'm talking about, idk what rest of y'all are doing

19. How do other countries view "global warming" ? Curious