1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Clinical Depression

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Dexter Moran, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Hi all, I came very close to a relapse yesterday. My fibromyalgia pain and brain fog overwhelmed me. I tried to reconnect with someone who could have helped me. But my pleas were rebuffed. Partly I suspect because of my inability to pay his professional fees. But more importantly because this health expert views me as a lost cause. As I do myself!

This light bulb moment was terrifying to say the least. But it is true nonetheless. I am an abject failure. My health problems are insurmountable. I went on a binge of comfort eating. Then sank in to a stupor. I retired to my bedroom. I hoped I would not wake up. When I awoke I started to surf the web on my tablet.

Absent mindedly I started to enter names from my imaginary harem. Only the fact that I am chronically fatigued prevented me fapping. I also remembered the hell of compulsive masturbation. My fatigue and fear were enough to stop me. This time! But I don't know how long I can resist the pull of my addiction. Frankly I view life as not worth living at present!

Take care everyone!

vulture175 and blacklabel92 like this.
  2. Hello folks,
    my diet has been appalling recently. I sleep poorly every night. Alas I drink too much coffee to compensate. This aggravates my fibromyalgia /neuritis. I got very irritated this afternoon. I was online and entered a name in to the search engine I should not have.

I realised I was edging but foolishly kept viewing pictures. I felt myself about to burst in to tears. Because I believed a relapse was imminent. I managed to shut down the tablet. But I believe if I were not on anti-depressants I would have ejaculated. I felt terrible afterwards.

I don't believe I am a pervert. But my lifelong depression leads me to over do anything that gives me a dopamine rush. I overeat in order to bury my shame and sadness. The consequences are dismal physical health. Clinical depression is the root of much of my unhealthy habits.

I intend that 2021 will be a year of personal transformation for me. I will resume in earnest, today, the 32 Parts of the Body Meditation. I won't reset my without PMO counter. Because I did not masturbate and managed to stop viewing harmful images. I also realise that if I reset my counter now, toxic shame will drive me into a living hell.

However I will not be so gentle with myself in future. I will set out the causes of this latest scare in my log. This is called "Dexter's Journey" if anyone wants to find out more. I will reset my counter if I continue to play with fire! PLEASE ADVISE COMRADES.
    Good luck everyone!

blacklabel92 likes this.
  3. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

Dont give up.. Hope is still alive.. Sorry to hear of your underlying medical conditions while your having to fight off this addiction.. Just know ur not alone.. I too have had to crawl on my belly out of a dark depressing hole and hearing what ur going through choked me up a bit because i wish i can reach my hand through this screen and help you up.. Dont give up my friend.. Keep fighting.. Evetually if your genuinely serious about bettering yourself and getting control of PMO.. It will happen eventually.. You just gotta keep climbing back on that horse..

Dexter Moran likes this.
  4. Thanks pal. Do you think I should reset my without PMO counter?