1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

(CLOSED) Harry Potter and the Secrets of Nofap

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by im’possible, Dec 3, 2020.

Mischief?

Poll closed May 11, 2021.
  1. managed

25 vote(s)
    80.6%
  2. complete

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. ignored

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. Mauritius

Mauritius Fapstronaut

im’possible likes this.
  2. But i want Gryffindoor :p

im’possible and Mauritius like this.
  3. Mimbulus mimbletonia ;)

Mauritius likes this.
  4. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

Mauritius and im’possible like this.
  5. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

Added rule.

Each house will cauculate the points monthly. Meaning if you've survived 30 days, your house gets 30 points. Your points will be next to your name. And accumulated. Worse case if you relpased at the last day of the month, you get 0

Let's say you've made it 100 days at the end of the month. Your name will show 100 points. Next month, survived 30 days, +30. If relapsed at the next month of 15, but survived 15 days. It's +15. So the total is 145 points to your house. Put your signature on to honour your house! Survived a whole year students will be awarded something special.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    fg4795 and Mauritius like this.
  6. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

7. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

So the formula is min(badge, days_of_month).

Not the best scheme imo. If someone relapses every day except the 31st they turn in 1 point for the house. But so does someone who is clean for the entire month except the 30th.

I think it would be better to add a point for every clean day.

Mauritius likes this.
  8. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

There are multiple ways to do this. I think the best one would be to add a point iff the majority of students of the house survives the day. That way larger houses won't get an advantage.
    The price for this is that people will have to update frequently.

Mauritius likes this.
  9. So it's something like 127 points for me if I get to the new year?
    Anyway checking for day 107

10. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

Lets discuss this rule. And I'm open to new ideas. Basically I'm trying to create a simple way of caculating points. The initial was for newly joined folks to have at least some taste of achievements. I see too many of them were survived for few days and after relpased, it's end of the journey. Or worst yet, blaming the process. And started to compromise from nofap to "lowfap".

So I thouhgt, perhaps by adding days clean only, let's say 127/365, would be much brighter than "oh, I relapsed, 0 days."

That's why your counter counts. So I only compare your initial days and at the end of month days.

Feeling like as if we're the founders of the hogwats now!

fg4795 and Mauritius like this.
  11. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

So this is a new thread, the school year ends on next year December. But will do a symbolic cauculation just for test.

Let's have a vote for the best idea. The requirements are simple and monthly calculation, meaning to calculate it once. The most liked idea post will be chosen. Sorted students only before 12/12/20. One like only for each idea. Those who already liked my added rule post can think again.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    fg4795 likes this.
  12. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

I will mark your days at the end of this year. With joined days and date:

House points
    Name, 100 days, 120420, 27/365 (2021)

To be fair, I'll separate it from your initial days. On year end, all of your points go to the house:

House points 365
    Name, 100 days, 120420, 0/365 (2022)

Like this post #32 as your vote for the points system.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    fg4795 likes this.
  13. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

Wait a sec with the voting @im'possible. Let's consider all viable ideas first. I think it useful to list requirements from the point system first. As I see it, the system should.
    1. reward "good behavior" as often as possible to be motivating for everyone, not just those who do well
    2. ignore the house distribution because clearly some houses will have much more members than others.
    3. ignore challengers' activity prior to joining because a veteran with a huge streak could ruin the game for others even before it starts.
    The implications of those requirements are, probably:
    1. House points should be updated every day
    2. the actual amount of points awarded will be some statistic computed from how members of each house did on that day
    3. You're gonna get a huge headache trying to do this by hand :D It should be done automatically - I can help there.

Mauritius and fg4795 like this.
  14. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

Mauritius likes this.
  15. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

The more I think about it the more it seems a bad idea to use a sorting hat quiz at all. The whole challenge would be much more sensible if the houses were equally sized. No matter what clever statistic is used, if we'll have 50 gryffindors and 4 hufflepuffs the challenge will suck.

ItsSeal, Mauritius and fg4795 like this.
  16. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

In summary, this is the House management policy I recommend:
    • A House can GAIN members by
      • joining - but only if the House is OPEN
        • a House is OPEN if it has no more members than any other House, otherwise the House is CLOSED
          • e.g. if Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor all have 8 members and Ravenclaw has 7 members, the only OPEN House is Ravenclaw, all other Houses are CLOSED
          • e.g. if all Houses have 14 members, they are all OPEN
    • A House can LOSE members by
      • a member asking to be removed from the challenge
      • a member being kicked out for inactivity
    Note that the only way for a House to gain members is joining. Specifically, members cannot ask to be moved to another House - that would make management even more complicated.

To make it fair we should start from scratch and assign current members new Houses in the order of their join times. Meaning @Im'possible picks first, then @fg4795, then @ItsSeal, etc. If someone doesn't want to join any of the Houses being offered (i.e. the OPEN Houses at that moment) they will have to wait till the next round.

17. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

True. It's too much to handle all by myself. But still in appreciation of this great series. I couldn't help it to create a thread like this. Part of my sobriety was because of harry potter.

I didn't put that official one because I think it's too much to begin with. Gotta sign up this and that, so I put the handy one. I mean even if I try that, I'm still ravenclaw most likely.

Vote is on halt. Untill we figure out a system. Let's make this thread legend.

As for you Gryf, let's see you autosystem.

Or we can just forget about it, just to sort out people and have fun in the house. To start with. No competition at all. Untill we have fair enough people to do it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  18. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Very interesting.

Mauritius likes this.
  19. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

Great! I need a couple of days to get it working but essentially it will be a web app that will allow you to compute house points for the day with a click or two and maybe generate a report to be copied and pasted into this thread.

20. I'd like to brake the Barrier and join Hufflepuff.

ItsSeal, fg4795 and Mauritius like this.