1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold, Cold, COLDER!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ilovetyrannosaurusrex, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Man, I get really grumpy if my shower water is not hot enough. Cold showers sound kind of masochistic to me. But maybe I'll try it.

2. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

If you all don't like cold showers, do what James bond 007 does he has a hot shower first then turns the dial to cold and then finishes to go kill bad guys.

JoePineapples likes this.
  3. Ah, but do you get the same health benefits with that method, Mr. Gray?

4. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

oh yes you will be able to take down rogue governments in no time.

5. Well, that's a relief. But, in all seriousness, I'll try one tomorrow and see how I like it.

6. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

just trying once will not make it work sure you will have a shock because of the cold but if you tough it you for 15 minutes you will feel really happy and you will start to laugh for no reason.

7. Nochsis

Nochsis New Fapstronaut

I've been taking warm/hot showers for all my life I feel. I have done this before and it also got my blood flowing but, then i stopped. Imma join the bandwagon on this one. When i did this my showers were a lot shorter as well.

8. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

and it's great on the hydro bill! :D saving money and your health

9. Gl, more coldshowers to win!

10. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

I wouldn't take up cold showers only if they psychologically increase your "will". Is there any hardcore scientific evidence that they actually increase your metabolism and other healthy claims like that or people just have a placebo effect and make stuff up...

11. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

lol don't be such a wimp, jump into a cold shower and find out, it's only cold water, just remember what did people use before they learned to boil water for baths? they used cold water.

12. I wish that this forum had a "Like" button. This made me laugh out loud.
    Bravo, Mr. Gray.

13. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

14. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

Dude why the hell I would try something that may potentially harm my health while in return I might just get the feeling "yeah I'm a tuff motherfucker". My immunity system as a kid was super weak and I had bronchitis caused by sinusitis. although I have outgrown it (the bronchitis), my sinuses are still vulnerable and if I expose them to cold "stuff" like water/air I might get an unpleasant cold for the least. I'm beaing practical here the risk-reward isn't worth it. Still I am almost tempted to try it just to prove you all wrong.

15. I finally did this today after my workout... I was blowing like a sperm whale I was so damn cold. Thought I'd drown when I put my face up to the shower head to get the soap out of my face. I really couldn't control my breathing at all... it was crazy. Has the faucet on the lowest cold setting.

Man when I got out I was so invigorated! I felt like I could do anything. No brain fog, a bunch of energy, and lots of motivation. I'm not used to feeling any of these three things, so I'm definitely a convert. Still cruising on that energy I got from the shower... got a bunch done today.

16. NoFapC

NoFapC Fapstronaut

Done it for a year, never regretted it!

As an experiment 6 months in, I wanted to remember what a warm shower felt like. The after effects of a warm shower makes you SO lazy during the day, my skin was also itchy and you just feel useless. I'm never taking a warm shower again, ever! You can do it guys!!!

17. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

cold water doesn't harm your health.... *facepalm* if anything it would boost immunity because cold water diverts blood from the skin to the organs so that it works better.
    if anything hot water messes you up

18. RiseAbove

RiseAbove Fapstronaut

Just took a cold shower. And guess what.. I'm alive! :D After 3-4 days it's not a big deal for me, I'm relaxed & breathing deeply

19. LookNoHands!

LookNoHands! Fapstronaut

Cold shower convert here as well. It's tempting to skip it..it's cold as s*** here on the east coast...but I like the energy I get from it afterwards. After about 4 or 5 days of this, I don't hyperventilate so much when I get in. Plus, the cold water is a lot better for my skin.

20. I've done day two. Well, it's not quite done. My plan is once in the morning and once before bed. I sure don't feel like PMO after. The Ted talk helped my understand why. Talk about getting out of your comfort zone. I'm committed for the Lenten season. That means if I decide to stop, it will be Easter Sunday.