1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold, Cold, COLDER!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ilovetyrannosaurusrex, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

no one can deny the power of a cold shower. it is 9000 times better than a hot shower. because when you get out of a hot shower you could still be cranky as when you went in but a cold shower forced you to smile and laugh because of the shock.

2. RiseAbove

RiseAbove Fapstronaut

that is true! I was so happy after last cold shower that my parents probably thought I was doing some other thingies there ._.

3. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

I'm a chicken with this bwak bwak bwak. It's not even cold out anymore.

4. evolve

evolve Fapstronaut

came here to say i love cold showers and its benefits!

5. I'm such a wimp. Took a hot shower yesterday and today. I was going to take a cold shower today, even had the cold water coming out of the shower head and I was standing in front of the stream ready to step into it, but my mind was like "THAT'S COLD!!" and I was too politician and I reached and switched it onto hot. But then when I was done with my hot shower I was like "Man, I can't back down to just a bit of cold water," and so I turned it back on cold and stepped under it for like a minute of two. So I guess I got my cold shower after all.

6. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

has to be 15+ minutes to count as a cold shower for the benefits to take effect on the body. but you all don't have to step into the shower on cold immediately do a hot shower then after 10 minutes in hot slowly turn down to cold till you can handle it

7. sir fappanot

sir fappanot Fapstronaut

^ I really don't think it has to be 15 minutes, I don't think you really need to set a time on it. I take maybe five minute cold showers in the morning. I hyperventilate, spin, shake, and just soak it up. It sucks, but it's also invigorating.

I'll give 15 minutes a try, but I really don't think there's needs to be a set time. If it works for you do it. I'm alert, ready, awake, energized, and like I said, I'm only go for maybe five minutes.

8. painistemporary

painistemporary Fapstronaut

I have been on cold showers for over 3 months and had taken just 4 days off. Once i didnt bathe and the other 3 had hot showers. But the real deal about cold showers is you gotta do it in the morning, during the time when its really cold outside, because if you do it in the afternoon then thats nothing different than a hot shower during a cold morning. So if you really want to feel the cold showers, DO IT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! (after brushing your teeth, of course)

9. painistemporary

Better not turn to hot at all and just take the cold for 10+ minutes.
    Handling the cold is not an option. YOU JUST IN THE COLD OR NOT.

10. I had a zen moment under the cold shower this morning. It was colder than usual and like always when I got in I started hyperventilating. But then I turned around so the water could run down my neck and back (worst spot) and my breathing regulated, I didn't really feel the cold all that much, and my mind was empty. It was such an extraordinary feeling.

11. flyingweaselman

flyingweaselman Fapstronaut

This bandwagon is an awesome thing to be a part of. I found the cold shower challenge when I pushed the panic button and have been using that as a way to prove to myself that I can do something hard with zero accountability. I've taken ice cold showers for almost two weeks now and the more I do the more I begin to love it. However, I feel that I need to stay in the shower longer. I get in, lather, rinse, and get out in around two minutes. Next step is longer cold showers.

I agree with the other guys here. It becomes invigorating and you start to look forward to it. I feel better during the day with them. Interesting bit of psychology going on here with this. Haha!

12. Sick

Sick Fapstronaut

I am older and more sensitive to subtle energies so I will just say you probably should not take more than one shower a day, it is harmful for your skin. if you are damaging your skin by overwashing it will really make you feel like crap, seriously. Hot water dissolves the oils off your skin so probably better just to take cold shower but what do I know.

Also I've heard that when you get all that adrenaline pumping if you're not moving around or exercising it's not very good for you, that's why you have an impulse to shiver and jump up and down. You need to move around, do some push ups and sit ups or something after to get adrenaline away from heart. but what do I know.

13. Anturak

Anturak Fapstronaut

Thank you Sick I know I'll keep that in mind

14. painistemporary

Today I had a big exam, maths to be exact. I slept only for 3-4 hrs and was up late and early riser too!
    Took a 10 minute cold shower and felt like a goddamn rocket that just took of! And I literally wrote the best exam of my life! Hoping to score 100% . :)

15. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Hello gentlemen. So am I to understand that if taking cold showers becomes a lifestyle change for me, it will reduce my chances of pmo'ing, or is this just something that many people have come to enjoy?

16. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Fapstronaut

Getting through urges is uncomfortable, just like a cold shower. Check this link out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvmYINIXN5U

17. willem20

willem20 Fapstronaut

I recognize the same excitement before each cold shower, although it is rougher than I imagine beforehand.

18. chaps4434

chaps4434 New Fapstronaut

Cold temperatures do not make you sick.

19. Sick

Sick Fapstronaut