1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold shower is making me sick?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deforio11, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Deforio11

Deforio11 Fapstronaut

I always took a hot shower, sometimes in the past I took a cold shower for a few weeks, I didn't feel any damage.
    but now I'm back to taking a cold shower, and instead of adapting to the temperature with the passing of the days it's just getting more and more difficult to take a cold shower, sometimes I feel very cold even though it's a pleasant climate, I measure my temperature and she it's lower than it should be, my skin feels hot, while i feel cold, and drowsy.

was it the cold bath's fault?

2. ADMG

ADMG Fapstronaut

Sorry, I don't have a direct answer to your question, but wanted to share my own experience with cold showers.

I've often taken cold showers, and have never had those effects. Usually the opposite... and I find that it really helps my immune system (as in, everyone around me will get sick but I won't get sick).

How long have you been taking cold showers during this stretch? I find that it takes about 10 consecutive days "to get used to them" (as much as one can!). Have you tried increasing the temperature just a bit?

As a last resort, if you are particularly concerned, you can try this half measure: take a normal warm/hot shower, but finish the last minute or two cold... they're not as helpful, but it still helps.

3. Deforio11

Deforio11 Fapstronaut

thanks for the tip, i have been taking cold baths for a week around there, i have already felt the benefits of it in other times that i practiced, but this time is different, today is a hot day, but i am feeling very cold.
    as soon as possible I will see a doctor to see if I have any disease

4. Is winter, in my opinion is not a wise thing to do, i take hot shower, in summer i do cpld shower and i feel a lot of energy.

Deforio11 likes this.