1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold showers taught me to embrace fear

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BigBadWolf_27, Oct 31, 2021.

1. BigBadWolf_27

BigBadWolf_27 Fapstronaut

We all know what it's like to wake up early in the morning in the warm, comfy bed... Looking for some extra minute or two to just hang in there a little longer. I knew that feeling very well and I wanted to take it to the next level. Crushing that sense of comfort right on the start of the day. When you know what's going to happen it's a real psychological misery... Your brain will give you a million rational reasons why not to do it. You will feel anxious and scared. It's all a biological mechanism to protect you. Your brain don't want you to do something harmful or unpleasant to yourself. You have to eat, sleep, expel and procreate. Not jumping from a roof of your house or pouring yourself with ice cold water. So you take off your clothes, jump straight under your shower and put your hand of the knob that regulates the temperature of water. You are feeling that hot stream flowing down at your feet and think - "Maybe I should just relax and take a warm one this time..."
    More you're thinking about it and hesitating, the more time passes and you feeling less confident about actually doing this. That whole rationalization proccess is taking charge, you're starting to believe your brain at that point. All you have to do is saying - "Screw it..." and actually doing it. That's what's courage. Everyone have fear within himself, he who claims that it's fearless is either lying or is simply mentally ill.
    Fear is not your enemy, it's here to protect you. He just want you to stay safe, to live another day. It's definitely okay to actually listen to your fear and avoid walking on a busy highway or exploring houses which are on fire, but think about some "normal", everyday activities you're feeling afraid of or uncomfortable with. Treat them like challenges rather that life-threatening situations. At the end of the day you will be laying in your comfy, warm bed either proud of yourself - that you tried something new and unknown, or ashamed, that you chose the "easy" and comfortable way out.
    Let the fear to be your friend, acknowledge how it's working and take charge. Don't let him control your life, show him that you're running the place.
    Train to be courageous.

2. wicket

wicket Fapstronaut

I guess I have nothing to lose other than my lack of initiative taking responsibility for my daily habitual patterns of being

BigBadWolf_27 and Grovald like this.
  3. NEOZeruen

NEOZeruen Fapstronaut

I have always found it difficult to take a cold shower, overcoming fear and discomfort is one of the most complicated things. I think I will give it a try.

BigBadWolf_27 likes this.
  4. moskwas

moskwas Fapstronaut

I want to try them feel so weak mentally last one I took I couldn't even soap up in and out less than thirty seconds lol guess I should keep trying I'd like daily ones for a few months on end at least it's been years since I attempted that

Voyager22 likes this.
  5. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Try the bath man. Even tougher

6. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

nice post mate..thank you for posting it. All good points

Pauley likes this.