1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold showers?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Woody4, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Woody4

Woody4 Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

I have just recently seen a post on NoFap about the benefits on having a cold shower(s)and found it rally interesting, I am intrigued to go and try it out.

I will start of by having a mild temp shower and then gradually get colder day by day, do any of you take cold showers and has it helped you in a any way?

2. annon

annon Fapstronaut

@Woody4 Cold showers can do wonders, well that's what everybody says. Most successful people are taking cold showers every morning. I heard this at least a 100 times until I started practicing.

First I started considering it when I read Tim Ferriss 4 hour body book (Warning it has Sexual techniques included even in the subhead as well). This got me thinking.

Then a buddy of mine recommended a Tony Robbins video in which he mentioned it as well. This pushed me over the fence.

Right now I'm taking cold showers every morning. And been doing it for almost 2 weeks. I usually use slightly warmer when I will shave after it.

I've tried the gradually increasing the temp but it doesn't work. Plus you are taking ages in there. Nowadays I put the temperature at the middle, well almost. It's a bit off towards the cold side.

Dunno if you ever get used to it, after 2 weeks every morning I have to force myself to get under it. Also I'm doing a dance as soon as the thermal shock kicks in.

Benefits: You don't need coffee you will be wide awake in a half a second. Though the effect only lasts around 4 hours. At least that's what I experienced if I haven't slept enough previous night. Supposedly it will help you to resist cold weather. Didn't felt it and spring is right along the corner so we'll see.