Cold showers?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Woody4, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Woody4

Woody4 Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

I have just recently seen a post on NoFap about the benefits on having a cold shower(s)and found it rally interesting, I am intrigued to go and try it out.

I will start of by having a mild temp shower and then gradually get colder day by day, do any of you take cold showers and has it helped you in a any way?

2. annon

annon Fapstronaut

@Woody4 Cold showers can do wonders, well that's what everybody says. Most successful people are taking cold showers every morning. I heard this at least a 100 times until I started practicing.

First I started considering it when I read Tim Ferriss 4 hour body book (Warning it has Sexual techniques included even in the subhead as well). This got me thinking.

Then a buddy of mine recommended a Tony Robbins video in which he mentioned it as well. This pushed me over the fence.

Right now I'm taking cold showers every morning. And been doing it for almost 2 weeks. I usually use slightly warmer when I will shave after it.

I've tried the gradually increasing the temp but it doesn't work. Plus you are taking ages in there. Nowadays I put the temperature at the middle, well almost. It's a bit off towards the cold side.

Dunno if you ever get used to it, after 2 weeks every morning I have to force myself to get under it. Also I'm doing a dance as soon as the thermal shock kicks in.

Benefits: You don't need coffee you will be wide awake in a half a second. Though the effect only lasts around 4 hours. At least that's what I experienced if I haven't slept enough previous night. Supposedly it will help you to resist cold weather. Didn't felt it and spring is right along the corner so we'll see.