1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold showers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by AgentShadow, Oct 30, 2015.

1. AgentShadow

AgentShadow Fapstronaut

sigh... I told myself that I would take cold showers. I put the shower on what I thought was cold and hopped in. It wasn't cold. It just needed to warm up. Once it did, I was just like, "whatever" and I turned it to hot. Since then, I've been taking hot showers because I can't man up and do it. Any tips?

Voss likes this.
  2. Voss

Voss Guest

I've been having cold showers for 3 weeks now and never turning it up past more than lukewarm, I know your feel trying to man up to it. I got over it pretty quickly mainly because every time I had one it was after gym and I was still hyped up, so here's some tips that worked pretty OK for me:

1. If you've got a detachable shower head, pick it up while its throwing cold water around, and move it up and down your chest area where your ribs are. You'll feel the HRRRNG of the cold making you breathe a lot harder and tense up, but by moving it around you'll really stat getting used to the cold feeling and your chest will no longer be that affected by colder waters as you keep doing it. Start quickly rolling it all over while you're a bit more comfy with it so you can start getting washed properly.

2. If your shower head doesn't move and you literally just have to stand right under it, before you get in, bring on the ice water and then dunk yourself into it quickly so your back starts getting covered in it. You'll start tensing up, but when doing it, it reminded me of the scene in Captain America where he gets turned into the super soldier that he is now. Be like him and take it on, because you're gonna make yourself a lot better of a person if you keep manning up to the cold showers. And by that, I mean tense up, do all the HRRNNNG you want, and soon you'll be glad to know it feels a lot better now you've gotten used to it.

3. Shave! You might just want to nudge it up to lukewarm water if you're doing this one though, but getting your sharpest razor and favorite foam/gel and cleaning up your face, it somehow takes your mind off of the cold while you're busy moving some razor-sharp metal along your cheek and neck. Cooler water also is better for shaving anyway because it doesn't open up all the pores where shaving gel residue can get into.

Hope these can help you out, keep at it!

AgentShadow and Caveat Emptor like this.
  3. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

4. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

I just don't know. I have tried cold showers. Not that much of an effect on me. I have known people that swear by them and I know people that can't stand cold showers. Both have been successful regarding their PMO. I would not beat myself up over it. Not all things work the same for people. Lots of time there is conflicting advice with people benefiting from both sides of the advice. Experiment and find out what works for you. The key is to keep trying and modifying. Good luck brother on your journey.

AgentShadow likes this.
  5. Voss

Voss Guest

Even if you're only gonna shower with a bit colder water and not go full hard mode, its a lot better on your scalp (which is pretty sensitive anyhow) and your skin in general just by knocking off some the heat.

I find it easier to get out after a cold shower because outside-shower temp feels like nothing afterwards

AgentShadow likes this.