1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

College Help

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Hotshot, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Hotshot

Hotshot Fapstronaut

http://puu.sh/audUn/d825957b19.png

Anyone here going to college? I am getting married in 2 weeks. I will be able to file as independent [also turning 24 in January, aside from being married then] and I am wondering how "broke" you are in college.

I ask for a couple reasons. I have an expectation of paying my current bills. I currently have a car payment, rent, internet, cell phone, car insurance and my current gas bill due to my commute [which is soon to be drastically reduced, new job is 30 miles closer to home, same job different office].

So the question comes in here. The college I want, which is a community college, is ~16,500 estimated per year. I don't know if I will get any money to me through grants ect. yet because I have not reached a point where I have begun to fill those out ect. but I am wondering, will I be able to borrow money and pay my bills while I am in school? My GF will be able to pick up some slack ect. and I do expect to work [hopefully full time] but I do not know what to expect financially. I just want to know that I can get through school with loans if I need them and maybe some ball parks of student loan repayments if you don't mind sharing... like 30k debt = 300 / month payment if that makes sense as I do not know what to expect as a payment.

I am going to school for Nursing as it is the field I am currently in. The job outlook here is good and I have great connections in the local hospital so job wise I am quite confident of getting into exactly where I want to work.

tl;dr can I pay my bills with student loans? is it a bad idea? can I work full time as a full time student and not die? I can do 100% of my studying at work, even projects ect. with all the free time I have there.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014