1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

College student determined to get things right this time

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by just_a_lampshade, Dec 25, 2017.

1. just_a_lampshade

just_a_lampshade Fapstronaut

Where to begin!

I've tried to wean myself off PMO twice before. Both times I failed.

Miserably.

The first time I tried I went 4 days. The second time I went 10, before an unexpected breakup blindsided me and threw pretty much everything out of sorts. Since then, I've worked on myself quite a bit. I've lost 40 pounds bringing myself to the healthiest weight I've been in years (still need to lose another 40-50ish before I'm where I want to be though). I've worked on my self esteem and self image. I've got new hobbies, and stronger friendships. I've worked on improving my finances, and now have an actual budget that I'm doing okay at sticking to.

All that being said, I've still got one last milestone to clear. One last hurdle to jump. My PMO addiction, the thing that has beaten me twice before.

I'll admit, I'm far from the worst offender when it comes to this. It hasn't ruined my life, it hasn't kept me from having normal relationships with my family or from having a normal job. It hasn't affected my studies (but I probably would have a bit more time to study if I kicked it). Despite that, I know I'm addicted, and I know that its the last major hurdle I need to clear if I want to have a normal, healthy relationship.

So here I am ready to try again, and to actually beat this! I'm a college student like I said before, studying computer science. I'm definitely a nerd, and also a musician. I enjoy pretty much everything related to science/astronomy in general. I've got lots of nerdy hobbies (DnD, Magic: the Gathering, tabletop games) that I could talk about for hours, but I'll leave that for another time!

If you have any questions about/for me, please feel free to ask! Its late and I need to get to bed, but I'll be making a journal thread for myself tomorrow evening after my first full day of being committed to this. I'll also do a bit of browsing the forums tomorrow as well and talking to folks.

Swissgirl likes this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

3. Hi
    Glad you are here. And very welcome to join us in our journey to a healthy, fulfilling life without any self harming habits.

It's a safe place here. We all are in the same boat, so there is no single space for judgement here.
    Maybe it's a good idea to keep a journal. Sharing your struggles, thoughts and feelings may help you to understand the underlying issues.

Keep coming back and get the most effort out of nofap!
    You don't need to do it alone!

I wish you lots of luck!

4. just_a_lampshade

Thanks!

Yeah I'm definitely planning on keeping a journal thread here. Just waiting until the end of my first day (today) so that I actually have something to write haha.

Roady likes this.
  5. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Check out In Case You Didn't Know for strategies and tips which may help you along your journey.

When you create your journal, please copy/ paste a link here so that we may follow. You don't have to wait until your first day is over, you could write about what you are feeling on your first day, your concerns and fears as well.

just_a_lampshade likes this.
  6. just_a_lampshade

Thanks for that link! That was incredibly insightful and there were quite a few useful tips that I'm going to be employing.

Here's a link to my journal with my day 1 post! https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/lampshades-journal.147298/